Bond Vet is on a mission to strengthen the human-animal bond through better pet care. We’re focused on urgent care, so we’re there for pets when they need us most. Our clinics are designed with pets and people in mind: warm, friendly, and highly sniffable. We balance this design with a strong focus on technology, all built in-house, which means we can easily innovate our systems to improve the veterinary team, pet, and client experience.
Bond Vet is building the next generation of veterinary clinics from the ground up — and we’re looking for experienced Veterinary Medical Directors for our clinics in D.C.
Our Veterinary Medical Director will lead our clinic’s medical operations. You will ensure patients receive a high standard of care and clinic team members work collaboratively in a positive workplace environment. You should be client-oriented, an excellent communicator, and a natural mentor.
At Bond Vet, we’re veterinary-led at every level, and sustainability — that is, the long term success of our people and the company— is our priority. We take care of our vets so you can take care of the pets you see everyday. You’ll have nurses who complete 70% of lab callbacks, scribes in the room with you to help complete records, always the right ratio of support staff, and the autonomy to practice your medicine how you see fit. You’ll have access to the best technology, a warm and welcoming clinic environment, and did we mention snacks? Above all, you’ll be supported: mentally, physically and financially.
- No phones ringingin the clinic. Yeah, you read that right. We have a highly-skilled remote team of nurses to tackle client needs, triage cases, and assist with day-to-day tasks.
- Direct communication with leadership and influence over policies. If you’re thoughtful, we’re listening — let’s build a better vet clinic together.
- Two 60-min breaks throughout the day for lunch, catching up on notes, and any necessary procedures.
- Great staffing ratios so you’re never stuck holding a cat while examining a dog while calculating a dosage while shouting “hello?” into an empty hallway.
- We have your back - we don’t tolerate poor behavior from clients.
Quality of Life:
- 401(k) match, fully paid parental leave, 100%-covered health insurance, and more.
- Flexible scheduling options
- Great PTO for when you need that too. (Bahamas, anyone?)
- Best-in-class compensation to elevate all areas of your life.
- No overnights - and no hospitalizations overnight. 10:00 am–8:00 pm, that’s it.
- Employee assistance program, annual OneMedical subscription plus many more opportunities to speak directly with medical and mental health providers when you are in need.
- A DVM/VMD degree with a DC veterinary license.
- 3+ years experience in general medicine and surgery.
- Previous leadership experience.
- A passion for Bond Vet’s mission to provide a superior vet experience for both patients and employees.
- The ability to multi-task with a high degree of integrity and accountability.
- A collaborative mindset.
- The desire to elevate others.
We’re obsessed with pets: The love we feel for animals drives us to do our best. We work with initiative, positivity and warmth to bridge the gap between human and pet, focusing on wellness to keep a better, stronger bond.
We work as a team: We’re knowledgeable, friendly, and passionate about a better veterinary experience. We jump at the opportunity to help one another and seek out opportunities to team up on tasks. We’re all in this together - our team, pet owners, and the animal - and our success as a team hinges on all of us doing our best.
We communicate clearly: We speak up, we do what we say, and we’re transparent and honest. We value clear, simple communication.
We work happy: We bring a happy, positive attitude to work because it impacts the energy in the office.
We’re empowered: We’re building a new kind of vet experience, and every team member is empowered to try new things and own their decision-making.
We’re looking for people who are not just team players, but also leaders. If you’ve made it this far, you’re probably looking for something different than what’s already out there. So were we. Let’s meet.
— Dr. Zay, Mo, Lukas, and the whole Bond Vet team
Bond Vet provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.