Principal Sales Engineer
Posted on 5/31/2023
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical/Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of hands-on industry experience at high growth start-up environment
- Strong understanding of microservices and SaaS product to answer technical questions or concerns from customers
- Experienced with writing scripts, automation, and operations for setting up, onboarding customers
- Experience with several technologies in the software development and monitoring space such as APM, Observability, Security and Compliance, Containerization and Orchestration, Code Coverage, etc preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication for driving adoption and resolve questions/concerns/objections from customers
- Highly organized, flexible, with can-do attitude
- Strong problem investigation and resolution skills
- Ability to mentor and coach junior team members
- Ability to provide guidance and feedback on best practices in pre-sales execution to leadership
- Establish relationships with engineering, SRE, DevX, and security teams acting as their technical resource throughout the pre-sales cycle
- Work side-by-side with our account executives to technically scope opportunities and partner on pre-sales engagement
- Understand and empathize with service architecture hurdles and headaches, delivering valuable technical solutions
- Guide prospects in implementing Cortex best practices and delivering ad hoc product sessions
- Implement internal solutions or enhance processes that improve quality of life for other sales engineers on the team
- Provide guidance and feedback to engineering and product development teams from experiences in the field
- Ensure the technical win for Cortex with tailored product demonstrations, guided enablement and onboarding, as well as routine technical office hours
- Work strategically and creatively to ensure the prospect's success during implementation, devising innovative solutions when appropriate
- Attend conferences, helping to evangelize Cortex to the engineering community. Up to 50% travel required
- Coach, mentor, train, and provide feedback to more junior members and additionally your peers on the Sales Engineering team
Software status & quality visibility platform
Cortex's mission is to help engineering teams build better software at scale. Engineering teams around the world trust Cortex to create visibility into their services and help drive adoption of the best practices. Cortex reduces service complexity by providing a source of truth for all of your tooling and infrastructure.
- Competitive pay & equity
- Unlimited PTO
- Cortex Wallet
- Comprehensive health coverage
- Retirement plans
- Gender neutral parental leave
- Weekly virtual team bonding experiences
- Quarterly team retreats
- Professional & career development
Company Core Values
- We thrive on ambiguous problems and move quickly to solve them.
- We’re building an entirely new market, which means defining our own playbook.
- We are honest & transparent with each other. Ideas are assessed based on their merit.
- We run headfirst into uncomfortable situations, to grow and learn from them.