Our award-winning technology powers conversations with customers for some of the world’s largest enterprises. We believe that combining the human touch with technology is the best way to create amazing customer experiences. When human abilities such as problem-solving, creative thinking and relationship building are enhanced with technology... magical moments happen.
You will be joining Team Infrastructure that is responsible for maintaining and improving Glia’s cloud-native core infrastructure, ensuring its availability, security, and performance.
All Infrastructure Engineers on the team report to the dedicated Engineering Manager. The team’s work is driven by Objectives and Key Results, defined quarterly in collaboration with the Director of Engineering. All projects within the team’s space are planned, led, and executed by Engineers.
Team Infrastructure’s Engineers located primarily in Vancouver and Toronto who work in the Pacific Time zone (PT). Our processes are optimized for remote collaboration so we accept candidates from anywhere in Canada.
Some of the Senior Infrastructure Engineer’s responsibilities include:
- Developing and managing internal technology infrastructures and customer deployments
- Monitoring infrastructure in everyday operations for performance, cost and security
- Developing and maintaining automation tools
- Maintaining parity across development and production environments
- Managing the organization’s internal accounts, network infrastructure and system access
- Participating in policy, design and tool selection
- Participating in company compliance audit related projects, such as SOC2, GDPR and PCI-DSS
- Discussing architecture design, significance, impact and decisions
- Producing documentation on code, system design, architecture and solutions
Our Tech Stack
- Infrastructure: AWS, Kubernetes (AWS EKS), Linkerd, Nginx, EFK
- Persistence: Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL, Amazon Aurora Serverless, RabbitMQ
- Cache: Amazon ElastiCache for Redis
- Monitoring: Prometheus and Grafana
- CI/CD: Jenkins, Spinnaker, Helm
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform
Additionally, Engineering teams at Glia use:
- Backend: Python, Elixir, Node.js, and Ruby
- Native mobile SDKs: Java and Swift
- Strong experience in AWS, EKS, Jenkins or similar tools
- Strong experience in building and maintaining reliable and highly available systems
- Experience with cloud networking and internet security, identity and access management, and commonly used automation languages
- Experience as Automation / DevOps or Infrastructure Engineer
- Experienced in coding that extends beyond scripting
- Able to lead smaller projects with support
- Willing to coach or mentor others
- Excellent verbal and technical writing skills
We are insatiably curious and hungry for knowledge here at Glia. Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements exactly, we encourage you to apply as long as you are passionate about mastering your craft and developing your skills.
- Glia stock options and competitive salary
- Diversity: 18 languages and 15 countries represented.
- Professional development support (trainings, courses, conferences, books, etc)
- Transparent career development system
- Different options for your working preferences (office, remote, flexible)
- Access to all the latest tools and equipment you’ll need
- Sports compensation, reimbursement for therapy, counseling sessions
- Team events: annual employee awards, internal hackathons, and a dozen cool events from cooking to the Glia olympic games :)
- Generous referral bonuses
*Glia is an equal opportunity employer. Glia does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
*Want to know more about working at Glia? Check our Glia’s Career FAQs