New York, New York
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↑ 13%
2 year growth↑ 33%
- 6+ years of experience in PR and communications activities
- Extensive knowledge of the Fashion + Retail industry
- Strong and reliable relationships with media, influencers, and potential industry partners
- Track record of leading breakthrough campaigns and activations
- In-depth understanding of the media landscape, industry trends, and social media
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Supervising, mentoring, and inspiring reports
- Establishing and maintaining industry connections
- Leading breakthrough campaigns, activations, and placements
- Advising clients based on industry trends and personal knowledge
- Managing the daily workflow of multiple accounts
- Driving consistent media results
- Managing high-level media relationships and identifying strategic opportunities
- Generating breakthrough ideas and concepts
- Experience in the Fashion + Retail industry
- Experience in a supervisory role
- Experience in client correspondence and managing client expectations
SHADOW is currently seeking a candidate to fill the Account Manager role in its Fashion + Retail Division. The ideal candidate is a skilled and effective leader, with 6+ years running PR and communications activities from a supervisory perspective. They must have extensive knowledge of the Fashion + Retail industry, awareness of SHADOW’s clients in the space, and a strong sense of how those clients can best position themselves to their target audiences.
What You Bring:
- Excellent management skills: a leader and team player in one, you must know how to supervise, mentor, and inspire their reports and create cross-functional, tight-knit teams.
- Established industry connections: As a manager, you are expected to be a veteran industry player, in possession of strong and reliable relationships with media, influencers and potential industry partners.
- Track record - we will want to see examples of breakthrough campaigns, activations, and placements that you’ve personally led out, that made an impact for your clients and a splash in the space.
- Savviness - you must be in tune with industry trends, have a strong understanding of the media landscape, have your finger on the pulse of pop culture and social media, and be prepared to advise your clients from a place of personal knowing
- Composure - you must have a demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously
What You Do:
- Client Correspondence: you are the first point of contact for the client, therefore serving as both the mouthpiece and the ear for your teams. You’ll be expected to absorb both praise and criticism, and filter it to your reports through actionable steps.
- Manage & Multitask: you must effectively manage the daily workflow of three to six accounts simultaneously, while also driving consistent media results. You set the account priorities, communicate them, and thoughtfully review your team’s work so as to develop the talent underneath you
- Media relations: you manage high level media relationships, identify strategic media opportunities, and provide council to clients in response to those opportunities
- Creative lead: Account Managers are faucets of creativity not just for their own clients, but for the agency-wide portfolio. You are expected to generate breakthrough ideas and concepts that maintain the firm’s position at the industry’s cutting edge.
$85K - $115K commensurate with experience
What We Provide:
- Medical + dental + vision insurance
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Dedicated mental health days
- Unlimited sick time
- Give Back. We want SHADOWs to extend their hearts and give back to their various communities and interests, on the clock! We offer 40 hours of paid VTO annually (voluntary time off)
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching
- Pre-tax commuter and healthcare benefits
- 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
- Summer Fridays (end work at 3pm on Fridays Memorial Day - Labor Day)
- Individualized career mapping
SHADOW promotes a diverse and high performing company culture. SHADOW is dedicated to providing equal opportunities to all qualified persons, and to recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate persons in all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.