CRISPR Platform and Vector Design
Updated on 11/30/2023
Develops CRISPR-based genetic medicines using advanced technologies
Scribe Therapeutics stands out in the field of genetic medicine with its proprietary CRISPR by Design™ approach, which is touted as the most advanced platform for CRISPR-based genetic medicine. The company's integrated technologies are specifically designed for therapeutic use, offering key advantages such as novel viral and non-viral delivery technologies for in vivo genetic medicine, and highly active editing activities capable of targeting and eliminating the root causes of diseases. Moreover, Scribe's commitment to exceptional specificity within the genome ensures therapeutic precision and allele-specific targeting, setting a high bar for industry standards.
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 9%
1 year growth↑ 37%
2 year growth↑ 161%
Alameda, CA, USA
Biology & Biotech
- A PhD in Bioengineering, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Synthetic Biology, Genetics or related discipline
- At least 3 years of experience working in an industry setting, with a proven track record of expertise in molecular engineering, designing reporter systems, screening in human cells, and readouts by FACS and NGS.
- Experience in managing and leading scientific teams of at least 3
- Expertise in molecular biology, RNA and protein analysis (e.g. qPCR, RT-qPCR, Western, etc.)
- Demonstrated scientific productivity and drive as evidenced by a strong publication record in top journals
- Lead a research team to optimize and be the experts in our CRISPR delivery constructs, including mRNA and AAV transgenes
- Oversee and develop assays for characterizing CRISPR delivery constructs, including delivery, expression, and localization within cells and in vivo
- Collaborate across research teams in biology, process science, NGS and automation to drive effective processes and collaborative initiatives
- Develop strategy for the selection and optimization of CRISPR components for our therapeutic programs
- Manage CROs for production and external research activities
- Critically evaluate results and communicate scientific findings both internal and externally
- Mentor and manage a motivated group of scientists and research associates
- Foster a driven, fast-paced, dynamic environment in which to do rigorous science
- Experience with CRISPR therapeutic approaches and delivery systems.
- Experience in AAV optimization, production, and characterization
- Experience with functional genomics or next-generation sequencing approaches.
- Experience with computational tools for analysis of biological data.