Lead Software Quality Engineer
Posted on 7/28/2022
Remote in USA • Tempe, AZ, USA
- 8+ years overall Quality Assurance experience
- 4+ years experience leading a QA team (including offshore team members)
- 3+ years experience implementing QA process experience (Test Strategy, Planning, Coverage, Metrics)
- Experience working with remote software development teams
- Experience co-ordinating QA function with cross-functional teams
- Experience with website testing (SPA, responsive design, cross-browser)
- Experience with web-services testing (Java, Unix, SQL, REST, SOAP)
- Ability to adhere to timelines and execute in a fast-paced environment
- Good leadership and communication skills
- Agile SDLC processes (Scrum/Kanban)
- Experience with JIRA, TestRail, GIT, and Bitbucket or similar tools
- Strong customer focus and owner mindset
- Good to have experience with Selenium and/or other automation tools working on code bases consisting of Java, Angular
- Own and support QA function for all M&R App Releases (including deploying code)
- Responsible for End-to-End Program Testing - onsite cross-functional
- Improve overall QA process (Customer Focus, Test Planning, Coverage, Metrics)
- Improve cross-functional Collaboration and Co-ordination within Dev teams and other partner teams
- Lead, Mentor and coach QA team - team should be able to operate independently and should have strong App and Domain knowledge
- Assist Sr. Manager with QA employee management (goals, performance, metrics)
- Own and ensure Test Environment is clean and operational
- Implement and publish Monthly QA KPIs/Metrics
- Work with the team to develop and maintain automation test strategy and frameworks
Shutterfly's purpose is to share life's joy by connecting people to what matters as the leading retailer and manufacturing platform for personalized products. By helping to capture, preserve and share life's joy, we connect people to what matters.
- Health and wellness - Our broad wellness programs are designed to help you and your family stay healthy, and help you take care of yourselves when you're not. Through extensive health and insurance options, you can make the choice that's right for you. Enrolled employees enjoy discounts on gym memberships and weight loss programs to help maintain a healthy lifestyle. With our Meal Takeout benefit, any employee on medical leave can be reimbursed up to $300 for meals.
- Financial rewards - Shutterfly, Inc. is comprised of hardworking, performance-oriented people. That's why we recognize and reward employee's contributions and achievements. Starting with competitive salaries, we help drive our high performance by offering opportunities for merit increases, bonus payouts, and stock ownership. We also provide safety nets for your financial security through traditional and Roth 401(k) retirement plans.
- Family first - Taking time off to rest, relax and rejuvenate is important. Non-Exempt employees accrue Paid Time off (PTO), which combines vacation and sick time together so you have more control over when and how to spend time off. Exempt employees are eligible for Discretionary Time Off (DTO), which allows you to take time off as needed.
- Employee discounts - As Shutterfly, Inc. employees, we experience the power of our brands every day and are in the best position to be an advocate for our amazing products and services. Every six months, we give each employee unique discount codes worth over $2,500 in free merchandise and huge discounts products across our entire family of brands. Your gift-giving for every occasion just got way easier.
- Celebrations - Our mission is to help customers celebrate and share life's joy. We balance hard work and play to foster team building and strengthen our connections to each other. We host a Family Photo Day where all of our employees and their families can get a professional photo taken for free along with other activities. From holiday parties, to summer celebrations, to team offsites, we have a great time and enjoy creating memories together.
- The little things - Our break rooms are stocked with complimentary goodies such as gourmet coffees, sodas, sparkling water, and more (offerings vary by location). We also provide free healthy snacks such as fresh fruits, trail mix, cereals, pretzels and nuts. Commuters can be reimbursed for mass transit costs or participate in carpool programs, depending on location. We also provide several onsite services, such as drycleaning and car detailing.
- We make a difference
- We are warm, inclusive, and collaborative
- We believe in people
- We drive growth through innovation
- We inspire customers
- We cultivate long-term customer relationships
- We act as owners
- We debate important decisions, then fully commit
- We invest for the long-term while delivering results today