Communication Systems, Starshield
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
West Athens, CA, USA
- 1+ years of experience DSP engineering and bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering; or 3+ years of DSP engineering experience in lieu of a degree
- 1+ years of experience in system-level modeling and/or digital signal processing
- Master's degree in electrical engineering with emphasis in communication systems and/or digital signal processing
- 1+ years of professional experience in design and verification of high data rate wireless modems
- Experience working with various multiple access schemes such as TDMA, CDMA and OFDMA
- Knowledge of in MATLAB, C/C++, and/or Python
- Experience with software-defined radios and frameworks, such as GNU Radio
- Knowledge of digital communication systems including spread spectrum, forward error correction, and modulation types such as FSK, BPSK, QPSK, QAM, and PCM/FM
- Knowledge of GPS, geolocation, position navigation and timing (PNT), and techniques such as TDOA, FDOA, and AOA/LOB
- Understanding of link budgets and analysis related to communication systems
- Understanding of modem designs, link-level algorithms and hardware architectures
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Drive program-level decisions on modem designs
- Research novel solutions for unique large-scale satellite communication systems
- Design the complete physical layer waveform and implement the modem on space-based hardware
- Work in close collaboration with FPGA, RF/antenna, and software engineers to design and validate software-defined radio systems
- Perform on-orbit demonstrations and scale the system to hundreds of satellites
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.