San Carlos, California
6 month growth↑ 3%
1 year growth↑ 13%
2 year growth↑ 46%
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- 10+ years of management experience in sales directly to farmers
- Knowledge of crop protection products
- Background in farming, production agriculture, retail, or input sales
- Comfort with technology and familiarity with precision ag systems
- Strong planning, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Residence within FBN’s Eastern Canadian Region
- Recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, and coaching new Territory Managers
- Leading and managing the Region to meet corporate established targets for member growth and retention
- Directing the use of Salesforce as FBN’s customer relationship management tool
- Planning and conducting meetings to train FBN members on the use of the system and best practices
- Representing FBN at various farm industry trade shows/events
- Leading, managing, and directing the team to achieve organic growth of membership/acres
- Actively attending and participating in meetings with Management to help guide plans and resources
- Supporting communication and collaboration with the inside sales team to provide a positive customer experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 5+ years sales management experience in agriculture managing and exceeding monthly and annual quotas of teams selling directly to farmers
- Cross-functional experience working across the enterprise
- Experience balancing execution, agility, and culture at a fast-growing business
Farmers Business Network (FBN) is on a mission to power the prosperity of family farmers and rural communities around the world, transforming how the world farms with an integrated, technology-enabled agricultural platform.
We offer high ROI farm inputs, fintech and sustainability products and services powered by network data, and farm-tested insights from our global farmer community. Our platform helps FBN members make confident decisions to ensure the economic viability of their farms, while also empowering them to be a part of the solution as the global community confronts its most pressing issues: providing food security for a growing population, transitioning to more sustainable agriculture, and responding to climate change.
We are a dynamic, innovative, and mission-driven AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits as well as boundless career mobility. We are backed by top investors, including Fidelity, ADM, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek. We have been featured in these articles by the Wall Street Journal and Forbes, and were also named "One of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World" by Fast Company Magazine.
Preferred locations are Central and East Saskatchewan, Manitoba, or Ontario.
We are looking for a talented, multi-skilled leader who can fit into our fast-paced company culture. We are a passionate, collaborative team of farmer-focused individuals who wake up every day emulating the farmer ethos of honesty, integrity, commitment and hard work.
The individual assigned to this position will aggressively and strategically work to identify and recruit and train new Territory Managers and Account Executives into the FBN culture and then ensure that each Sales person is trained and supported to a successful career as an FBN employee. As an FBN Regional Director, you will manage designated TM`S and AE`s in a predetermined territory and market area (Central and East Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario) to meet and exceed corporate and Regional business objectives.
In addition, the individual assigned to this position will work with TM`s and AE`s who in turn work with FBN farmers and Community Builders to help them procure critical crop inputs. Regional Director’s plan and sales targets will be derived from analytics and data and will be administered to RD”s who will then work with the Canadian Country Manager to allocate proper data driven sales targets to respective sales people.
Finally, the FBN Regional Director is critical to the commercialization process for new products and services being launched on a regular basis.
The FBN Regional Director will be responsible for the Regional team growing the FBN farmer member base and maintaining high grower satisfaction resulting in 90% retention with FBN. They will also direct and lead a seamless and highly differentiated crop input transaction experience while maintaining high grower sanctification with FBN from post-harvest conversations all the way to pre-season delivery. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Leading and managing the Region to meet corporate established targets for member growth and retention, and revenue targets for FBN Direct.
- Recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and coaching new TM`s into their role
- Leading and directing the team to meet certain non-revenue generating tasks like data collection.
- Directing the use of Salesforce as FBN’s customer relationship management tool to manage, prioritize and document all interactions and sales processes with farmers.
- Plan and conduct meetings to train FBN members on the use of the system and best practices needed to ensure data quality.
- Lead and direct Regional team meetings
- Document and report suggestions from farmers to improve the product and demonstrate to farmers that FBN listens.
- Represent FBN at various farm industry trade shows/events.
- Leading, managing and directing the team to achieve organic growth of membership/acres, through cold calling direct, reach-out, and attending farm shows
- travel will be required to spend the appropriate time in the field training the Field AE’s
- Actively attend and participate in meetings with Management to help guides plans and resources.
- Supporting communication and corroboration with the inside sales team to provide a positive customer experience.
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills with a heightened sensitivity to the issues farmers face.
- 10+ years of management experience as a district, regional or territory manager overseeing a team that is selling products or services directly to farmers.
- Knowledge of crop protection products required
- Strong domain experience and background in farming, production agriculture, retail or input sales.
- Comfort managing the inherent fine-line between successfully ‘finalizing the sale’ and being perceived by the farmer as being too aggressive.
- Candidate must be comfortable with technology and have familiarity with the latest precision ag systems.
- Experience with Salesforce Software is an asset but not required
- Background in Agronomy including, but not limited to, the management and use of agronomic data.
- Strong planning, prioritization and organizational skills in addition to being highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced, accountable team structure.
- A farmer focus and a commitment to farmer satisfaction.
- The Candidate will reside within FBN’s Eastern Canadian Region.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 5+ years sales management experience in agriculture managing and exceeding monthly and annual quotas of teams selling directly to farmers.
- Cross-functional experience working across the enterprise.
- Experience balancing execution, agility and culture at a fast growing business.
To understand the physical demands of this job, please click this link and refer to Template A