Mountain View, California
6 month growth↓ -26%
1 year growth↓ -9%
2 year growth↑ 10%
- Actively pursuing Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Solid EE fundamentals to include the ability to read and interpret schematics and/or harness drawings
- Strong hands-on skills to include circuit and/or harness prototyping
- Ability to operate and use multimeters, oscilloscopes, signal generators, and other test equipment
- Support Electrical, Mechanical, and Software teams in the integration of various vehicle platforms
- Create Architecture, System Interconnect, and Wiring Diagrams
- Design and Prototype custom test setups and harnesses as required by different design teams
- Support the design and assembly for Hardware-In-The-Loop solutions
- Experience with automotive system prototyping and development
Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly to make transportation safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. The Aurora Driver is a self-driving system designed to operate multiple vehicle types, from freight-hauling semi-trucks to ride-hailing passenger vehicles, and underpins Aurora Horizon and Aurora Connect, its driver-as-a-service products for trucking and ride-hailing. Aurora is working with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem, including Toyota, FedEx, Volvo Trucks, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, U.S. Xpress, Werner, Covenant, Schneider, and Ryder. For Aurora’s latest news, visit aurora.tech and @aurora_inno on Twitter.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Summer 2024 Intern for our Hardware Engineering Team.
We are searching for a motivated cross-functional engineer who can dive into understanding large scale systems and be hands-on to complete required tasks.
In this role, you will
- Support Electrical, Mechanical, and Software teams in the integration of various vehicle platforms.
- Create Architecture, System Interconnect, and Wiring Diagrams.
- Design and Prototype custom test setups and harnesses as required by different design teams.
- Support the design and assembly for Hardware-In-The-Loop solutions.
- Actively pursuing Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid EE fundamentals to include the ability to read and interpret schematics and/or harness drawings.
- Strong hands-on skills to include circuit and/or harness prototyping.
- Ability to operate and use multimeters, oscilloscopes, signal generators, and other test equipment.
- Experience with automotive system prototyping and development.
The base hourly pay rate for this internship is as follows:
$47.00 per hour for interns pursuing an undergraduate degree;
$51.50 per hour for interns pursuing a master’s degree; and
$64.00 per hour for interns pursuing a doctoral degree.
Interns must be authorized to work in the United States for the duration of the internship. Aurora does not offer J-1 visa sponsorship for interns.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together extraordinarily talented and experienced people united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and build a culture where we win together — all without any jerks.
We have offices inseveral locations across the United States, where we encourage team and cross-functional collaboration. Aurora offers competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, and additional healthcare support including medical transportation reimbursement, fertility, adoption, and surrogacy benefits. We empower our employees and their families with options to further their unique physical, mental, and financial well-being.
Our Learning and Development offerings include Aurora Academy, where our people learn, develop, and practice the essential skills that drive Aurora’s mission, continually up-leveling our team along the way. Our Careers pageprovides insight into career opportunities at Aurora, and you can find all the latest news on ourBlog.
Safety is central to everything we do. Every employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. We seek candidates who take active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by working safely — no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including increased access to transportation. To realize those benefits, we need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives — a workforce that reflects the communities our technology will serve.
Aurora is committed to providing access to anyone who seeks information from our website. We invite anyone using assistive technologies, such as a screen reader or Braille reader, to email us at [email protected] if they experience difficulty using our website. Please describe the accessibility problem and include a URL (if available).
Aurora considers candidates without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law. Aurora considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At Aurora, every employee is empowered to take an active role in building an inclusive, collaborative, and unified culture that leverages our diverse strengths, perspectives, and backgrounds.
Transforming how the world moves people and goods involves seeking to understand backgrounds, insights, and lived experiences that differ from our own. One way we accomplish that is with our 15 employee-led Aurora Unified Groups, which support diverse voices and drive inclusive collaboration. We believe that teamwork, belonging, and trust motivate and support our employees to do their best work. As our team grows, we strive to attract and retain exceptional talent that adds new perspectives and experiences and continues to drive innovation. Learn more on our Culture Page.
We are committed to helping qualified military community members leverage their talents in service of our mission. To understand how your military experience aligns with career opportunities at Aurora, review your military job classification at MyNextMove.org and consider applying for open positions corresponding to your identified skills and experiences!