Toronto, ON, Canada • Remote • United States
Cowbell is signaling a new era in cyber insurance by harnessing technology and data to provide small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with advanced warning of cyber risk exposures bundled with cyber insurance coverage adaptable to the threats of today and tomorrow. Championing adaptive insurance, Cowbell follows policyholders’ cyber risk exposures as they evolve through continuous risk assessment and continuous underwriting. In its unique AI-based approach to risk selection and pricing, Cowbell’s underwriting platform, powered by Cowbell Factors, compresses the insurance process from submission to issue to less than 5 minutes.
Founded in 2019, Cowbell is based in the San Francisco Bay Area with employees across the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. and is backed by over 15 A.M. Best A- or higher rated reinsurance partners.
In support of our rapid growth, we are actively looking for ambitious people, who are not afraid of hard-work and never shy away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist beyond the boundaries of possibilities.Join our team and be part of a growing institution where you can hone your skills and develop new ones in a fun, challenging and dynamic environment.
If that sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Your future team:
Cowbell is a growing cyber insurance company, and the Support team is expanding to grow with the business. The Platform Support team at Cowbell is accountable for providing technical expertise and product knowledge to support internal users and API partners of Cowbell Platform. The productivity of Platform Users is the most crucial goal for the Platform Support team, so anything you do will always have our users in mind.
Cowbell Support Engineers improve our customers’ experience with our platform through advanced troubleshooting and collaboration with the global team of Level 3 engineers to solve our more complex problems. We are looking for Level 2 Support Engineers who will exhibit empathy and are dedicated to providing clarity and timely resolutions.
What You’ll Do:
- Triage & troubleshoot user-reported issues to find the optimal path for resolution while maintaining assigned projects and customer communications.
- Manage tickets to closure, ensuring excellent support is provided timely.
- Flexible with the capability to prioritize multiple incidents and deadlines to facilitate well in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving organization
- Learn and maintain expert knowledge of Cowbell Platform features and business workflows.
- Maintain knowledge and familiarity with existing support resources (help center, webinars, videos)
- Build and maintain Level 0 (Self-help/ FAQs), Level 1, Level 2, & Level 3 Knowledge bases, Status pages, incident notes, and other inward and outward-facing platform resources.
- Strong collaboration, communication, and interaction with all stakeholders, including platform users, engineering, QA, and product teams, for support-related topics.
What will you bring to the role
- Bring initiative & hunger to learn and grow; you are not afraid to learn new things every day.
- Demonstrated previous experience in learning technology quickly
- Experience with software application debugging and troubleshooting
- Familiar with technical support processes and escalation management
- Ability to articulate concepts to non-technical users in a relatable way
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to speak and write clearly and professionally
- Responsible, reliable, confident, committed, empathetic, genuine, and helpful working style
- Self-motivated, self-directed, adaptable, and multi-tasking mindset
- We use JIRA, Fire hydrant, Datadog, Postman, Halp, and Jira Service Management. Some knowledge and experience working with these tools are a bonus.
- A plus is exposure to software development and previous experience in the insurance industry.
This role will require working some flexible hours/on call hours to support users in the West Coast.
What Cowbell brings to the table:
- Winner of Inc. Magazine’s Annual List of Best Workplaces for 2022
- Nationwide medical, dental and vision coverage plus life insurance, long term disability and flexible spending accounts
- Employee equity plan for all and wealth enablement plan for select customer facing roles
- Comprehensive wellness program including unlimited PTO, company-wide wellness days, wellness app subscriptions, lunch & learn, book club, get-togethers, lunch & communication stipends, happy hours and much more
- Professional development and the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of cyber insurance, cyber security as well as continuing to build your professional skills in a team environment