Senior Manager Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting
Posted on 12/5/2022
Washington, DC, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least seven to ten years of related accounting experience. Big 4 experience preferred
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles. CPA or CPA-candidate preferred
- Understanding of foreign currency impact on financial reporting preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge of NetSuite a plus
- Demonstrate strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan effectively, work well under pressure and manage multiple priorities simultaneously. High degree of initiative
- Manage preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with US GAAP (IFRS also done on an annual basis for TopCo reporting)
- Prepare financial reports and analysis for selected financial statement lines items as necessary for internal and external reporting. Ensure incoming schedules tie to the financial statements and that explanations are reasonable and properly supported
- Support any potential M&A initiatives and special projects, including purchase price allocation, opening balance sheet reviews, accounting policy convergence, and accounting process integration
- Collaborate with other internal and external teams such as FP&A, legal, external consultants assisting with special projects and international accounting teams as needed
- Ensure that audit schedules are prepared and proactively respond to auditor questions and resolve audit issues
- Perform technical accounting research and prepare draft accounting issue papers to support the Company's accounting, and document other ad hoc projects as needed
- Create, update and maintain job aids, internal controls and other process documentation
- Consolidate schedules for financial reporting, including translating any foreign denominated balances into USD
- Lead the North America reporting team and drive efficiency across the close and reporting processes
- Experience working in the technology sector is a plus
- Experience working at (or with) large accounting functions undergoing system an operational transformation is a plus
Cision is a global media intelligence company that offers PR and social software as well as analytics.
Company Core Values
- We Are One - Working together, we are empowered to deliver outstanding customer experiences.
- We Embrace Differences - We honor diversity of ideas, people and beliefs. Our diversity enables us to create innovative solutions to serve our customers' needs.
- We Are Dedicated - We are committed to tenaciously working on behalf of our clients and partners with our teams.
- We Constantly Evolve - We are curious, embrace new ideas and create change. This means we drive growth for our customers. It also means we have a learning culture where our people have the opportunity to develop into tech leaders.
- We-Celebrate - We have culture ambassadors in each office who ensure that our people get recognition for their hard work and ensure we celebrate our wins, both big and small.