Course Hero, Inc. is now Learneo!
Learneo is a platform of builder-driven businesses, including Course Hero, CliffsNotes, LitCharts, Quillbot, Symbolab, and Scribbr, all united around a shared mission of supercharging productivity and learning for everyone. We attract and scale high growth businesses built and run by visionary entrepreneurs. Each team innovates independently but has a unique opportunity to collaborate, experiment, and grow together, and they are supported by centralized corporate operations functions, including HR, Finance and Legal.
We are looking for a proactive, organized, and detail-oriented Accounting Manager to add to our rapidly growing Finance team to support at the corporate level. You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day general ledger activities, managing monthly close process including preparing and reviewing journal entries, overseeing balance sheet accounts reconciliation, and developing and mentoring our team of accountants.
While we are a hyper-growth tech company, we are also mission-driven and strive to create an environment where our team members can be their authentic selves, do their best work, and help us realize our vision - a world where every student graduates, confident and prepared. Come join us!
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact
- Manage all daily operations of the accounting department, including our A/P and expense platform, procedures, corporate card management, and reimbursements for our team members
- Efficiently manage monthly close process including ensuring all monthly financial transactions are properly recorded, reviewing/approving journal entries and account reconciliations and communicating results
- Manage, train and mentor accounting team responsible for preparation and posting of manual journal entries, preparation of account reconciliations, account variance analysis and preparation of audit schedules
- Own maintenance of chart of accounts and system mapping/structure for proper reporting
- Support with the preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting packages to management and other periodic reporting as needed
- Review US GAAP consolidated financial statements, flux analysis for income statement, balance sheet, statement of cash flows and stockholders’ equity to ensure all results are fully reconciled and analyzed in a timely manner
- Collaborate on workflow design with key Finance partners on development of processes, policies, systems, controls, compliance, fixed assets, revenue, close, etc.
- Function as a primary interface with the Company external auditors, and coordinate execution of annual audits
- Build toward a best-in-class internal control environment at scale and maintain process documentation and ensure SOX 404 compliance for areas of responsibility
- Partner with key stakeholders to resolve queries and issues
- Handle ad-hoc projects as assigned by the Management
Are you our Accounting Manager?
- 8+ years in a financial accounting role, public accounting experience strongly preferred
- CPA (or equivalent) strongly recommended
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- Understanding and application of US GAAP, including recently issued accounting pronouncements and financial reporting experience
- Experience with multiple ERP and accounting systems: scaling, day to day use, implementation, and optimizing new processes.NetSuite strongly recommended
- You demonstrate our values of Grit & Collaboration
- Attention to detail with high level of ethics and integrity
- Effective communication with partners & other stakeholders
- You drive work forward: manage multiple tasks and take ownership of work product
- You’ve managed a successful team:
- Experience managing a team of multiple levels of staff and providing mentorship in their career growth
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary, annual bonus, and RSUs
- Medical coverage, including full dental and vision
- Life and disability benefits
- 401(k) program (US) / retirement savings plan (Canada) with company match
- One month paid sabbatical after 5 years at the company
- Education reimbursement
- Professional development workshops & industry conferences
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work schedule
- Social responsibility program (volunteer time off and donation matching)
- Annual wellness stipend
- Monthly tech stipend
- Annual family planning stipend
- Monthly snack boxes delivered to your door
- Cell phone allowance
For positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Other locations: IL, MA, NJ.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply for roles if they don’t meet all the criteria. We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we’d love to learn how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
We are a virtual-first company and have employees dispersed throughout the United States and Canada. We have a market-based pay structure that varies by location. The base pay for this position is dependent on multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed below. You may also be eligible to participate in our bonus program and may be offered an equity award, benefits, and other types of compensation.
In accordance with California law, the base salary for this role if filled within California is $140,000 - $190,000
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company.We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
About Course Hero:
Course Hero is on a mission to help students graduate, confident and prepared. The online learning platform offers over 60 million course-specific study resources created by and for students and educators, as well as 24/7 tutor help. More than 65,000 verified college educators use Course Hero to collaborate with other faculty and share resources to hone new strategies for instruction. Everyday, students, educators and tutors help more than 20 million students make every study hour count.
We have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Join us on our mission!