Human-Robot Interaction, Hri
Posted on 11/2/2023
R&D arm of Toyota
Toyota Research Institute's mission is to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics, and materials science. They're dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life.
AI & Machine Learning
Automotive & Transportation
Robotics & Automation
Los Altos, California
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↓ -1%
1 year growth↓ -1%
2 year growth↓ -20%
Cambridge, MA, USA
AI & Machine Learning
- Pursuing MS or PhD degree in Human-Robot Interaction, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Robotics, Computer Science, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years experience as an academic Human-Robot Interaction researcher.
- Experience with at least one of the following: behavior cloning, reinforcement learning, imitation learning, and related.
- Strong software engineering skills (C++ / Python preferred) and experience analyzing/debugging autonomous robotic systems.
- Experience with deploying and/or field-servicing prototype technologies.
- Experience with writing peer-reviewed conference papers or journal articles as lead author.
- Desire to contribute back to the robotics community with publications and open source code.
- Familiarity with robotic simulators including Drake, Mujoco, Bullet, etc. and/or original ROS or ROS2.
- Passion for seeing robotics help humans and have a real-world, large-scale impact.
- Designing physical human-robot interactions.
- Creating interaction specifications, user flows, and wireframes.
- Implementing controllers and/or planners that facilitate HRI.
- Developing and running experiments on real hardware.
- Producing maintainable code and documentation.
- Presenting study findings to colleagues and the larger TRI organization.
- Experience in tactile sensing, modeling soft-contact, or soft robotics.
- Expertise/Experience in machine learning around user behavioral modeling.
- Knowledge of optimization and sampling based planners for physical, reactive planning and control.
- System integration experience around complex, open-ended, and multi-functional projects.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative user research.