Ee Functional Safety Engineer
Posted on 2/2/2022
San Carlos, CA, USA
- B.S. or higher degree in Aerospace, Automotive, Robotics, Electrical Engineering
- 1+ years of work experience with validation, and verification
- Familiarity with schematic design tools(Altium/Mentor Graphics/Cadence)
- Analytical skills and passion for writing clear, concise, and verifiable requirements
- Collaborative team player with strong written and in-person communication skills
- Review Electrical schematics and perform board level safety and diagnostic analysis
- Work with test engineers to design tests to qualify failure modes, quantify failure rates, and execute HIL fault injection tests to validate functional safety models
- Ability to interpret Safety manuals and datasheets provided by vendors (for SOCs developed as per SEOOC concept) and implement safety mechanisms needed for the intended Application
- Closely with the internal safety systems team at Zoox
- Lead and participate in quantitative and qualitative functional safety activities that lead to the development of Fault Tree Analysis (FTAs), Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEAs)
- Design FMEAs
- Experience using requirements management tools such as Polarion (preferred), DOORS or Jama
- Familiarity with safety standards such as ISO 26262
- Familiarity with reliability handbooks like SN29500, IEC62380 etc..
Self driving car robotics company
Zoox is reinventing personal transportation—making the future safer, cleaner, and more enjoyable for everyone. The company is building the infrastructure for self-driving cars.
- Health Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Sick Days
- Free Lunch or Snacks
- Employee Assitance Program
- We're doing one thing that will change everything.
- It's bigger than any of us.
- One Zoox, one crew.
- Every day is a milestone.