Hello, we are Atlan! 👋
A home for data teams around the world. 🏠 Atlan makes it easier for diverse data users – business users, product managers, analysts, and engineers – to collaborate effectively. (Think of what Salesforce is for sales teams or GitHub for engineering teams). (Check out our website
, product tour
, and docs
Built for the humans of data, by the humans of data
At Atlan, we started as a data team ourselves tackling problems like national healthcare and poverty alleviation with data science. (Check out our TEDx talk
and case studies
The problem: After working on 200+ data projects, we learned how tough it was to scale data teams. Data teams are one of the most interdisciplinary teams ever created. They’re made up of analysts, data scientists, engineers, business users – diverse people with their own tooling preferences, skill sets, and "DNA" that need to come together. This leads to collaboration chaos.
We were awoken with crisis calls every second day for the minutest of issues — from troubleshooting why a number on a dashboard was incorrect to difficulties in getting access to the right data set! Atlan started with us building tools to make our own data team more agile.
These tools made our team 6x more agile, helping us take on amazing projects like building India’s National Data Platform used by India’s Prime Minister. The best part — this was built by an eight-member team, the fastest project of its kind to go live, in a record twelve months instead of the projected three years.
💡 We asked, could the tooling we built for ourselves help data teams around the world? That’s how Atlan was born. We’re on a mission to help data teams around the world do their lives’ best work.
🚀 We’re growing fast
In the last few months, we have onboarded some dream customers, started working with some amazing partners, and watched as our team spread across 10+ countries.
Atlan was named a Gartner Cool Vendor in DataOps, one of the top three companies globally (and one of the fastest companies to make the list 🌏). We were also named in Gartner’s inaugural Market Guide for Active Metadata and as a Top 5 Global Innovator in DataOps by IDC.
We’re backed by top investors (like Insight Partners, Sequoia, and Waterbridge) and the shapers of the modern data stack (including the founders and CEOs of Snowflake, Looker, Stitch, and DataRobot) as our early investors. 🏅
We build with all our ❤️
We believe that data teams deserve fundamentally better software experiences. Data is chaos, but that doesn’t mean that work should be! 🌟
Love what Superhuman, Slack, Notion, Quip, and Figma have done for the modern workplace? Come build the future for data teams with Atlan!
What will you do? 🤔
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks, and information
- Identify and define system security requirements
- Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cybersecurity designs
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities
- Ensure that the company knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible, about security incidents
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes, and propositions for further system security enhancement
- Help with security compliance like SOC2, CIS, etc.
What makes you a great match for us? 😍
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems in the cloud ecosystem
- Detailed technical knowledge of cloud, Kubernetes, and database and operating system security
- Hands-on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Experience with network security, networking technologies, and system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Familiarity with web-related technologies (web applications, web services, service-oriented architectures) and network/web related protocols
- Problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure
Working at Atlan 👨💻 👩💻
Do your life’s best work at Atlan 🚀
At Atlan, our mission is to help data teams do their life’s best work. Inside Atlan, our goal is to help Atlanians do their life’s best work while at Atlan and reach their Ikigai
We’d normally invite potential Atlanians to our office to meet our team and understand our culture. But given the global pandemic, we’ve opened up our internal team handbook instead, which is a great read about our values and principles and how we think about growth and internal practices as we build a dream team.
Excited about the opportunity? Apply now! 👇