Sr. Series Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Normal, IL, USA
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 3-5 years of increasing responsibility at a manufacturing plant or product development environment in the automotive industry
- Knowledge of manufacturing process, DFMEA, PFMEA, DVP&R development, APQP
- Proficient with 3D CAD CATIA software
- Understanding of GD&T, Root Cause Analysis, Statistics/Data Analysis
- Verbal and written communication / negotiation skills (Product to Plant / Suppliers to Product)
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills with action oriented mindset and issue resolution
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of operation of mechanical/electrical mechanisms
- Some domestic travel (~10%) may be required to support development and Supplier readiness
- Provide liaison between Driveline Product Development and Manufacturing Engineering for Driveline Production lines and general assembly of electric drive units to ensure constant communication
- Support resolving issues from the Driveline production lines with the manufacturing team
- Troubleshoot issues with Testing that occurs during manufacturing and issues on driveline production lines along with the manufacturing team
- Responsible to resolve product design-related issues by working with DREs
- Represent Driveline Product Engineering in decision-making on part deviation and non-conformance issues
- Provide daily build status and captured issues from the production line
- Participate in Problem Issue and Resolution Meetings
- Work with the engineering quality team to implement quality assurance checkpoints for prototype and production builds
- Participate in meetings with cross-functional teams (Plant Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, etc.) to represent the Driveline engineering group
- Lead Driveline cost reduction and continuous improvement initiatives related to assembly
- Coordinate supplier visits to the plant to ensure that any activities requiring supplier intervention are completed with the supplier in-house
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team