Network Relations Manager
Posted on 3/23/2023
Des Moines, IA, USA
- Bachelor's degree or direct and applicable work experience
- 4+ years of experience: in health insurance, health care, or related industry experience as well as in roles focused on relationship management (e.g. physician, hospital), strategic consultation, and analysis of data/information
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders
- Effective consultation skills, including the ability to persuade and influence key decision makers
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, expressing complex concepts clearly and concisely withmultiple levels of an organization, including external stakeholders and professional organizations. Ability to develop and facilitatepresentation as needed
- Ability to apply strong analytical, problem solving, and critical and strategic thinking to work with vendors and internaldepartments. Willingness to take an innovative, creative approach to solving problems and developing solutions
- Self-starter motivated by the opportunity to work in fast-paced environments and driven by measurable outcomes. Ability to operateindependently yet cooperatively on teams to appropriately manage priorities while maintaining positive relations
- Strong organization, time management, and prioritization skills. Ability to manage multiple projects while adjusting to changingpriorities and business needs
- Ability to develop and maintain documentation of processes and procedures and make decisions by following established guidelines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint or Access
- Travel required between 20-30%. Valid Driver's license
- About the Role: In partnership with Network Relations leadership, you will have accountability to develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with health care organizations participating in Wellmark's networks. In addition, you will facilitate, support and coordinate strategic initiatives that support improved quality, efficiency of care, and administrative performance by providers. You will serve as a subject matter expert and a partner to other internal departments, including Network Payment Strategy, Network Economics, Network Performance, Health Services, Operations and more. You will act as a liaison between Wellmark and providers to strategically bring new initiatives and programs to fruition. Success in this position will be measured in relation to to the ability to engage key health care organizations in programs that may be pilots or more conceptual in nature
- About You: You have strong communication skills, both verbally and written, and are able to effectively articulate complex information to a wide audience. You are skilled at taking complex information and presenting in an easy-to-understand format to various groups and associations. You are a self-starter who thrives when making connections and building relationships with others. You enjoy being a driver of process improvement and are skilled at identifying educational and/or training needs for a varied audience of providers. You are adaptable and collaborative in your approach to work. Sound like you? Apply to Wellmark's Network Relations Manager opportunity today!
Mutual insurance provider
Wellmark’s mission is to provide a broad array of high quality, accessible, affordable, and cost competitive health insurance products and services. The company is committed to delivering affordable and sustainable healthcare options by collaborating with various health-care partners to ultimately deliver a greater quality of health and life to future generations.
- Medical and prescription drug coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision plan
- Compensation: comprised of two components: base pay or annual salary, and potential pay from the Performance Incentive Program (PIP), awarded annually when financial and customer measures are successfully achieved.
- Financial Benefits: competitive financial benefits through a generous 401(k) savings and investment plan.
- Educational assistance
- Pathways to Wellness incentives
- Employee Assistance Program
- Time off
Company Core Values
- Use your strengths
- Develop your story
- Focus your health