Director – Talent Business Partnership
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Remote in USA • Portland, OR, USA
- 15+ years of human resources experience including business partnering, talent management, organizational development, organizational effectiveness, and learning & development will be required
- Prior experience supporting an executive leadership team and their organization will be required
- Prior experience managing a team of people managers will be required
- Prior experience in rapidly scaling a fintech or tech company will be given preference
- Proven experience developing trusted relationships at all levels of an organization including senior level talent to drive talent programs
- Proven experience designing talent management programs (succession planning, organizational design, performance management, organizational effectiveness)
- International experience is also ideal given the diversity & cultures of the regions we operate in and will be given preference
- Comfort and experience with ambiguity
- Excellent decision making skills and a sense of urgency. You're able to juggle competing priorities with a focus on timely execution and follow through
- Strong business acumen coupled with emotional intelligence: you understand the key drivers and dynamics of a high growth technology business
- Level-headed leadership under pressure along with creative problem-solving abilities
- Proficiency in G-Suite, Slack and MacBook preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Mentor and manage a team of Talent Business Partner Managers (HRBPs) that will lead us in scaling our high performing global organization while ensuring that the organization's values are reflected in people-oriented decisions
- Partner with business leaders and their respective departments on strategic and operational execution including team effectiveness, change management, organizational design, performance management, retention, engagement, talent planning, professional growth and more
- Support managers by identifying and addressing organizational and people issues, remove barriers, increase engagement and effectiveness across teams
- Ensure that the leadership team has the "pulse of the company" to make proactive and impactful organization decisions. This will include spending time with the employees as well as building scalable solutions so that all employees feel empowered and connected to the business as growth continues and as a remote-first culture
- Drive the support and engagement of the organizational Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging initiatives through all levels of the business
- Partner closely with:
- Business leaders to identify competency, knowledge, and talent gaps
- Talent Acquisition on identifying critical roles and competencies to adequately staff and scale the functional business teams they support. Provide consultation on key hiring needs, job descriptions, required skillsets, and characteristics required for success in the team
- Talent Development on implementing succession planning programs for key contributor and leadership positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for increased responsibilities, and overall professional development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business of the company and the fin-tech industry
- Talent Operations on all aspects of operational excellence within Talent, including activities related to new hire onboarding, employee policies, benefits, visa/immigration concerns, internal HR systems (WorkDay), data and reporting, and off-boarding
- Talent Rewards & Analytics on all talent rewards activities with a focus on compensation, employee leveling and salary ranges, geographical rewards strategy, equity, retention plans, and market challenges
- Influence, coach and provide feedback to employees at all levels to empower employee development and high performance
- Partner with global and functional business counterparts to drive clear communication and people process planning
- Provide insights and recommendations on best practices that contribute to the Circle vision through effective business partnering, innovation, and execution
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance
Platform for businesses to accept payments and send payouts
Circle's mission is to raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce. The company is a global financial technology firm that’s at the center of digital currency innovation and open financial infrastructure.
- Paid time off - We offer flexible paid time off — take what you need as long as it works with you and your team, and all Circle employees get mobile phone and home office reimbursements.
- Health coverage - No matter where you live, we offer a market competitive suite of benefits. Enroll in health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurances, and Circle covers some or all of the premiums.
- Invested in your future - All U.S. full-time and part-time employees enjoy 401(k) and pensions (with 4% company match if you contribute 5% or more), and share Circle’s success via company equity awards.
- Learning & development - Your individual growth and development is important to us and we provide the resources to help you grow your career while at Circle.
- We are Multistakeholder - As an institution, we exist in a broad stakeholder context, which means that we must organize, incentivize and measure ourselves against meeting the needs of all of our stakeholders — our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world.
- We are Mindful - We seek to be present and aware, to be respectful, active listeners (with each other and with our customers alike), and to pay attention to detail. We don’t rush to judgement, and when we are swept up by strong emotions we patiently observe and acknowledge them and try to not just react. Our mindfulness leads to better understanding, and more respectful, careful and deliberate choices.
- We are Driven by Excellence - We are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success. Being driven also means that we relentlessly pursue excellence, that we do not tolerate mediocrity, that we reward based on merit, and that we work intensely to achieve our goals. Being driven doesn’t mean that we are assholes and plough over people or tolerate a culture of aggressiveness. We are a team. Part of our drive is to bring everyone along in our collective achievement.
- We are High Integrity - We seek open and honest communication, and hold ourselves to very high moral and ethical standards. When we say we will do something, we do it. When we are having difficulty and need help, we talk about it. We treat each other and our customers with the utmost respect. We reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance. We welcome vulnerability and uncertainty, which needs to be listened to in order to bring people along, and helps us to constantly learn and improve. Our customers and partners implicitly experience us as high integrity, and our customer centric choices demonstrate this to them again and again.