Principal Physical Design Engineer, Emir & Power Integrity (Silicon Engineering)
Posted on 5/26/2022
Redmond, WA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or computer science
- 10+ years of experience working with block or full chip voltage drop and/or power/signal electro-migration analysis
- Experienced in industry standard tools used for EM/IR Drop such as RedHawk, Voltus, etc
- Experience in developing for block and full chip level IR Drop and EM analysis flows
- Knowledge in high frequency power integrity simulation and analysis
- Experience in IP integration (e.g. memories, I/O's, Analog IPs, SerDes, DDR etc.)
- Proven experience in silicon (on-chip) and package power delivery network principles
- Strong knowledge of deep sub-micron FinFET technology nodes (7nm and below) and design challenges
- Experience with high reliability design and implementations
- Excellent scripting skills (csh/bash, Perl, Python, TCL, Makefile etc.)
- Self-driven individual with a can-do attitude, and an ability to work in a dynamic group environment
- Must be willing to travel when needed (typically <10%)
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed, to meet critical deadlines
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Develop and support block and full chip automated static and instantaneous voltage (IR) drop, signal electromigration (EM) flows
- Responsible for block and full chip static/dynamic EMIR, rush current, DFT (Design For Test) IR, analysis and chip power model
- Collaborate with package, architecture and physical design teams to create power distribution network (PDN), improve padring, bump and redistribution layer (RDL) design
- Define modes and corners for functional/scan shift static voltage, instantaneous voltage and EM analysis
- Package modeling and analysis, chip package co-design for high performance processing
- Closely collaborate with physical design and timing signoff team members to enable IR drop aware timing flows
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.