On Chain Data Engineer
Posted on 3/15/2023
- Help build and maintain both internal and external abstractions (e.g. on Dune) for core OpenSea and Seaport data tables
- Craft data transformation pipelines to combine various external datasets and internal datasets
- Work closely with the Protocol team to understand and account for the implications of protocol level changes on internal and external datasets
- Work with external analytics providers such as Dune, Nansen, Reservoir, etc. to help move us toward common standards around attribution, data accuracy, etc
- Create monitoring and alerting to ensure data fidelity
- Design a thoughtful system of redundancies and checks across internal and external datasets so we can have deeper insight in data accuracy
- Dig deep into contract calldata and be extremely detail oriented to account for the many edge cases that will crop up to ensure our on chain datasets are as accurate as possible
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering, including fluency with Python, Airflow and Snowflake
- Ability to interpret smart contract output and work closely with blockchain engineers to understand how to extract and standardize data from different contracts
- Crypto/web3 experience, including a love for the community, and/or a degen portfolio
- Fluency with web3 analytics tools including making spells (DBT) in Dune and/or with Nansen/Google Bigquery
- Experience communicating effectively up, down and sideways across the company, with thoughtfulness around optimizing asynchronous communication and tailoring communication to different preferred styles
- Strong cross-functional skills and ability to operate under ambiguous and fast moving problem spaces
- Humility, humor, curiosity, resourcefulness and a relentless drive to grow and learn
Largest NFT marketplace
OpenSea's mission is to make digital collectibles available to anyone, through buying or selling these items through a smart contract. OpenSea is a peer-to-peer marketplace for cryptogoods, which include collectibles, gaming items, and other virtual goods backed by a blockchain.
- Paid family leave - Whether you’re bonding with a new child or taking care of a family member, we understand you need this time off.
- Health insurance - Your wellness is important. We've got you covered. Take care of yourself to come to work happy and healthy.
- Flexible vacation policy - Sometimes we all need a break. Take one, take many. Just come back recharged and inspired.
- Flexible hours - We know you have personal priorities to take care of. Take care of them and work on your own hours; we’re flexible.
- Work from home - Avoid long commutes in and out of the office. Instead, work in the comfort of your own home and set-up.
- Workshops & conferences - Attend relevant workshops and conferences to grow and develop. It’s our priority.
- Travel & company retreats - As an international team, we take the time to meet up for company retreats.
- Game nights - Once a month, we set work aside and play a game or two to bond as a team.
Company Core Values
- Cultivate continuous growth
- Embrace openness
- Foster inclusive collaboration