Math Curriculum Designer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Burlingame, CA, USA
- 2+ years' experience writing items for widely-used assessments
- K-12 math teaching or tutoring experience
- Excellent writing ability
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Can-do attitude with an openness to others' ideas
- Highly self-motivated and efficient with superb attention to detail
- Write and review clear, engaging assessment items to address specified educational objectives in either K-5 or 6-12 math
- Review assessment items for clarity, writing quality, typos, formatting, and mathematical accuracy
- Write achievement level descriptors and other assessment documentation
- Collaborate with curriculum designers, psychometricians, program managers, and company leaders to determine assessment scope and approach
- Develop and manage project plans to create and deliver high-quality assessment items
- Research and analyze content requirements, including state educational standards
- Assist with other math curriculum design projects as assigned, such as creating and reviewing standards alignments and writing and reviewing math problems for IXL's learning activities
- Bachelor's in Mathematics strongly preferred - Master's or Ph.D. in Mathematics is a plus
- Experience in curriculum development and instructional design is a plus
- Knowledge of computer programming, mobile, and web technologies is a plus
Online lessons for K-12 subjects
IXL is passionate about improving learning for all. They apply technology in thoughtful and innovative ways to unlock students' innate curiosity, creativity, and desire for knowledge.
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision
- Matching 401K retirement plan
- Flexible paid time off and sick days
Company Core Values
- Passionate - We strive to create a work environment where all employees are united in our goal to delight and impress our customers, and to foster a culture that helps all IXLers thrive.
- Tenacious - We seek out learning opportunities for ourselves, understand that feedback and mistakes are part of the process rather than something to fear, and embrace a growth mindset.
- Authentic - We are authentic, kind, and honest in our interactions with our colleagues. We ask questions and listen to each other. And, we have fun and find joy in our work and collaborations.