Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
You aren’t like everybody else. You aim a little higher. You dig a little bit deeper. Your goals in life include more than just landing a great paying job. You do more because it matters. If you would like to leverage your engineering curiosity to help a passionate team bring new technologies to public safety and leave a mark on the world, come do work that matters.
We cultivate an engineering environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking.
Our mission is to protect life and protect truth, making the world a safer place through smart devices and software services. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for others who share this passion.
We are looking for a Video Hardware Electrical Test Engineer who will be responsible for verifying that the hardware we develop will exceed the performance and ruggedness required by our customers. Not only will you focus on test execution of a wide array of technologies, but you will also work with the broader cross-functional team to develop and document test strategies, acquire and present results, and exercise your creativity to develop automated test systems for new and existing products.
What you’ll do
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona (HQ)
Reports to: VP Devices HW
Direct Reports: None
As a test engineer in the Video Hardware team, you will use your experience and skills to:
- Work with multidisciplinary engineering teams such as electrical design, mechanical design and software to understand design objectives and performance targets.
- Characterize and test various electronic subsystems and circuits and components such as- Power, RF, Processing, Memory, Display, Audio, Sensors.
- Develop design verification plans and test procedures to ensure confidence prior to high volume manufacturing.
- Participate in proactive risk mitigation activities such as FMEAs.
- Perform design verification tasks, document test results and performance of electronic systems.
- Present test results and finding to broad stakeholders across the organization
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Bachelor’s degree or 5 years with Associates in the testing of electrical circuits and devices to verify their performance & quality.
- Experience with testing mobile, wearable or connected IoT electronic products such as cellphones, action cameras, smart watches or wireless doorbell cameras.
- Ability to test and work hands-on probing and measuring various characteristics of high density PCBAs
- 3+ years building electrical test fixtures
- 2+ years of test fixture automation
- 3+ years experience creating detailed test plan and procedure documents
- Writing and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable reading schematics, using schematic tools and layout tools to navigate PCB designs
- Experience with electrical measurement equipment- Scopes, multimeters, Signal Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, Protocol Analyzers.
- Test documentation, developing plans, documenting and presenting results.
- Experience with test automation using LabVIEW or PLC programming.
- Experience with data analysis using MatLab or Other data analysis tools.
- Experience with coding in Python or C/C++.
- Experience with Design Of Experiments and statistical data analysis
- Experience with performing signal integrity measurements (MHz - several GHz range).
- Automated data capture and analysis
- Embedded Linux command line use.
Benefits that Benefit you
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work.
The Pay: Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 90,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 110,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 120,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 140,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits
Don’t meet every single requirement? That’s ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email [email protected]. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.