Prime Medicine was founded to bring the promise of gene editing to patients. We use Prime Editing, a next-generation technology that can “search and replace” to restore normal genetic function almost anywhere in the genome. Prime Editing searches to find the precise place in the genome to edit and replaces the segment of faulty DNA with a correct copy of DNA. A single Prime Editor can correct the individual mutations found across patients, meaning Prime Editing can potentially address more than 90 percent of known disease-causing genetic mutations.
We envision a world where this technology can cure, halt, and ultimately prevent genetic diseases, providing lifelong benefit to patients. Prime Medicine offers the opportunity to shape the future of gene editing and transform how medicines are used to treat disease. Realizing the promise of Prime Editing requires a talented team with diversity of viewpoints and expertise. We’re building a group of dedicated, scientifically curious individuals who are passionate about helping patients live longer, healthier lives.
Co-Op Assignment Overview
Prime Medicine is seeking a co-op for the Fall 2023 semester with an interest and experience in business and legal operations, to join the legal department at Prime. The candidate will be involved in supporting Prime’s contracting process, corporate operations and other ad hoc department projects and initiatives.
- Triaging contract requests and providing first line support to end-users
- Assist with drafting and preparing forms, letters, disclosure agreements and other legal documents. Coordinate approvals, signatures and notarization of documents.
- Help with corporate policies, including editing and reviewing documents, tracking policy status, coordinating reviews and approvals, and assisting with rollout to company
- Ad hoc projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated understanding of handling confidential and sensitive matters
- Ability to multi-task various matters
- Legal operations experience
- Interest in legal or business career
What We Offer:
- A cutting-edge scientific team open to mentorship and networking
- Full reimbursement for monthly commuting costs including subway, commuter rail, parking, Bluebikes, etc.
- Participation in regular scientific seminars with industry experts
- Full participation in employee activities including learning and development offerings, social activities, etc.
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.