About the Team:
The Healthcare & Life Sciences sales team is responsible for aggressively growing top-line revenues and driving new business through implementation of scalable, repeatable, structured systems/processes and embracing the operational challenges of leading a high growth business at significant scale through its next stage of growth.
Databricks is seeking a Director, Enterprise Sales within the Healthcare & Life Sciences organization to join our world-class sales organization. Reporting to our Vice President, Healthcare & Life Sciences Sales, you will be responsible for hiring and leading a team of Account Executives in a Named, hunting account territory. The ideal candidate has a track record of exceeding revenue goals, leading sales professionals to be their best version of themselves, and is comfortable in a complex technical sales environment.
The impact you will have:
- Lead and build out successful team of Account Executives in a named hunting territory within our Healthcare & Life Sciences vertical
- Drive revenue success: Own and exceed quarterly/annual sales targets
- Build and implement strategic plans: Develop and execute evolving revenue plans and growth tactics
- Build and manage the team: Hire, manage, and motivate a growing team of sales executives; coach each member via joint selling and regular pipeline reviews
- Create trust-based relationships: Develop long-term employee, partner, and cross-functional relationships
- Distill customer needs and value: Enable your team to understand customer goals and how they relate to the Databricks value proposition
- Manage the front-line voice of Databricks: Lead your team to effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
What we look for:
- 10+ years of successful, progressive experience in enterprise software sales
- 3+ years Director/1st line management experience, preferably net new hunter territory
- In-depth knowledge of how software is positioned and sold to IT and/or Data executives
- Deep knowledge of and experience with the Healthcare & Life Sciences industry
- Strong track record of exceeding company sales quotas in a complex sales environment
- A background in hiring, leading, and retaining high-performing account executives in a hunter/named account setting
- Proven experience with teaching, coaching, and training sales methodologies
- Excellent C-level communication skills
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower employees to achieve objectives
- Contract negotiation and deal forecasting experience
- Strong written, verbal, presentation, and organizational skills required, with the ability to articulate and evangelize the value of Databricks solutions
- Passionate about Big Data, AI, Spark, and cloud technologies
Achieving Databricks mission and vision requires working together to create a culture that supports their hunger to be the best. To be effective in this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for driving the below:
- Understands the direction Databricks is going and the criticality of their respective functions, organizations and teams to achieve that outcome. Can translate that vision into a purposeful mission for their team. Constructs actionable plans for the team to execute and carry out its mission. Communicates and unifies the team behind its mission and plan
- Create a framework for the entire team to follow and clearly communicate the direction they are going in alignment with the company’s overall strategy by igniting the passion and motivation inside other people and lead them to do extraordinary things.
- Consistently deliver great results at a rapid (but sustainable) pace. Along with setting an inspiring and clear vision and defining their strategy; effective execution is critical to the success of the team and company. To execute well, a leader at Databricks needs to be able to deliver extraordinary outcomes.
- Talent magnet who can build and lead teams to achieve significantly more as a collective unit that they could achieve individually. We can overcome our biggest obstacles if we have a team that shares a common goal and works together to achieve it. A team that works together excels and they have a strong sense of purpose, know their roles and understand precisely how to operate efficiently together.
Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
Flexible time off
Paid parental leave
Annual personal development fund
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Databricks is the lakehouse company. More than 7,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer’s discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.