Staff Battery Data Scientist
Posted on 9/12/2022
Menlo Park, CA, USA
- Must have 6 or more years of industry experience in a data science or software engineering role or Masters/PhD. Level of role depends on experience and qualifications
- Ideally 3-5 years' experience in battery domain, focusing on hardware and engineering
- Experience working with data in Apache Spark, Python and SQL
- Strong fundamentals in software engineering with Python
- Understanding of statistical and machine learning concepts
- Data visualization and communication best practices
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS with Terraform/Docker
- Programming in multiple languages, such as Golang/Scala/C/C++
- Experience with battery prognostics and health management
- Working knowledge of mathematical or advanced machine learning concepts
- Experience with reinforcement learning
- Build machine learning models to provide valuable estimations and predictions to the product and the user. Interface closely with the battery experts (modeling/electrochemical/mechanical/thermal/software) and engineers to define features & metrics from the domain knowledge
- Work with vehicle telemetry data at scale to provide insight on the battery health, performance, and powertrain efficiency of Rivian products
- Work with battery scientists to improve state of health estimation for batteries based on field data models
- Develop statistical and machine learning models for predicting and forecasting field failures, cell chemistry variations, battery health degradation and how various driving behaviors affect battery performance for safety and drivability
- Build scalable full stack infrastructure and data pipelines to aggregate telemetry and service data in order to monitor and predict failures in the field
- Research and development of multivariate models for prognostics applications, predictive maintenance, and battery state of health estimation, battery health coaching
- Run cloud-based data models to assist improving battery power and energy estimation based on current, voltage and temperature data points across various drive cycles and geographies
- Work with embedded systems engineers to bring cloud-based data models to run on embedded systems
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team