Posted on 3/15/2023
West Athens, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or science discipline
- 5+ years of experience in program management, project management, systems engineering, or operations
- 2+ years of experience with US government projects or acquisitions
- 8+ years of experience in program management or project management
- Professional experience working with launch vehicles, spacecraft, or other aerospace systems
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and deliver reliable and expeditious results across multiple parallel priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to tailor communications to the audience
- Spacecraft mission design, development, integration and/or test experience
- Previous management or program leadership experience
- Strong penchant for innovation in process improvement and system design
- Positive, “can-do” attitude, self-starter, and ability to work in a high pace dynamic environment
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written skills
- Active Top Secret or Top Secret SCI clearance preferred. Must be willing to pursue a clearance if not already cleared. Note that an active clearance may provide the opportunity for you to work on sensitive SpaceX missions. If so, you will be subject to pre-employment drug and random drug and alcohol testing
- Must pass DoD level background checks for entry into various government facilities
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Lead all programmatic aspects of programs, from contract award through integration, test, launch and on-orbit operations. Ensure all contract requirements are met
- Support proposal efforts to align new efforts with long-term strategic vision and engineering objectives, and to ensure contract requirements are executable
- Be the primary point of contact for your customer, to resolve issues, negotiate requirements, coordinate technical and contractual changes, and maintain positive relationships
- Plan and lead customer reviews through cross-company coordination, developing and briefing technical content on complex designs, trade studies, risks, and issues
- Collaborate with product engineering groups to understand vehicle readiness and how changes impact requirements, vehicle risk, CONOPs, and launch dates
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.