Staff Quality Engineer
Posted on 2/5/2023
Normal, IL, USA
- Bachelor's degree, Engineering, Business, or similar field/equivalent experience
- 6+ years of quality experience in production or engineering environment
- 3+ years' experience launching products from prototype into series production
- Production Operations Knowledge - Has a firm understanding of how complex production lines operate including production control, material handling, supply chain, quality, and production team
- Understanding of how the manufacturing validation process runs in relation to complex new products that stretch across various engineer teams and manufacturing centers/factories (methodology, validation plans, associated KPIs)
- Experienced/High proficiency in AIAG Core Tools and significant CQI publications and standards
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Hands-on experience with Quality Management Systems (QMS) and testing methodologies
- In-depth understanding of technical documentation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills (8D or similar method problem solving experience)
- Proficient in MS Office, Minitab, email, etc
- Must be able to travel at least 20%, travel may increase in time
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Ensure readiness for execution of development builds, as well as successful factory product launches for different vehicle platforms
- Participate in and lead, various cross-functional Program and Manufacturing Readiness forums. Provide clear updates on status and recovery plans as necessary at both working and executive level by being able to interact, integrate, and drive results across teams in design, manufacturing engineering, supply chain, manufacturing quality, production operations, production control, service, etc
- Able to provide project status, summary, and issue resolution tracking reports
- Help plan, organize, and orchestrate pre-launch build activities
- Facilitate ramp management with operations teams, identify all needed activities and coordinate the execution and risk mitigation of those activities according to New Model Operational Plans
- Help the operations readiness workstream, ensuring they meet target objectives and escalate/develop recovery plans as needed
- Improve product/process quality by defining/implementing recommendations for change
- Help set detailed guidelines on Quality standards and Builds KPIs
- Identify the root of technical issues, recommend and implement fixes
- Monitor and steer systematic problems through operations system (Rivian Concern System)
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team