Technical Account Manager
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Raleigh, NC, USA • Remote
- Preferred: Bachelors or MS in a quantitative or computer science/engineering field
- 5+ years of hands-on enterprise database software usage or support - as a DBA, user, consultant, architect, or support role using MySQL, PostgresSQL, SQL Server, RDS, MariaDB, MongoDB or similar
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing role preferably in a customer support organization with experience debugging, troubleshooting and tuning for performance
- Demonstrated success managing critical, urgent, high stakes customer situations in enterprise IT Cloud and Self Managed environments
- Positive, proactive customer obsessed attitude - including patience with new users
- Flexibility and willingness to serve a global customer base across timezones
- Deep understanding of customer business model to identify growth and expansion of usage in existing and potential new use cases
- Easy rapport to build trusted and friendly customer relationships - business, technical, management up to C-level
- Availability and willingness to attend customer calls on both EST and PST timezones
- Organizational maturity and communication skills to influence and operate across internal product and engineering teams to advocate for customers
- Proficiency in understanding real-time use cases and architectures - data ingest, and analytical/BI consumption
- Customer obsession, patience, and can-do positive helper attitude for customer learning and challenges
- Proven record of success in coordinating with cross-functional teams and managing project/action plans with a high degree of urgency, professionalism, and collaboration
- Excellent customer communications skills, and ability to convey technical concepts and details in a way that is easily consumed by all levels of customer and SingleStore colleagues
- Technical familiarity with data storage and cloud technologies and protocols such as Kafka, S3, Monitoring/Observability (Data Dog, Grafana), security, encryption, Kubernetes, TCP/IP networking, virtualization, data backup/archive, public/private/ hybrid cloud, DR, HA, CDC, Replication, Backup/Restore
- Experience with network troubleshooting and a basic understanding of network storage protocols
- Linux OS and System Administration experience
- Experience with Salesforce.com CRM & case management
- Ability to work and learn independently is a key attribute that is required for this role
- You will become a technical expert on SingleStore database and related configurations and infrastructure - including understanding of how the product is designed and operates in various cloud configurations as well as installed on-premise as a Self-Managed architecture
- Meet regularly with senior customer contacts at assigned accounts - on a regular cadence, or as needed for special topics and discussions
- Build a direct relationship with the customer's senior technical leadership and develop an in-depth knowledge of the customer's database environment (become their Trusted Advisor)
- Provide proactive and reactive support on technical issues, in coordination with SingleStore Support
- Lead organized “Get Well” efforts on specific customer escalation projects - bringing customers to steady state and positive sentiment
- Be the voice of the customer to all functional teams inside SingleStore
- Follow defined hand-off procedures to Account Management when customer expansion opportunities are identified
- Prevent issues before they arise with proactive planning, regularly scheduled technical reviews, and, at times, on-site visits
- Proactively produce support communications for customers on recent security alerts, product releases, and new product information
- Make use of cross-functional resources within SingleStore (Professional Services, Product Management, Account Management, etc.) to address customers' business and technical needs, such as: system health checks, product sizing, migration assistance, etc
- Manage and drive closure on customers' open support cases, product bugs, enhancement requests, and action items
- For new support cases, understand issues and next steps and follow up to assure they are getting the attention they deserve
- Stay current and advise customer on any new product versions, upgrades, etc. on the roadmap that may benefit their environment
- Forsee and identify issues and opportunities, and work with the appropriate team internally to close them
- Excellent project management and task-tracking skills - PMP certification is a plus
Databases for analytics and cloud applications
SingleStore is one platform for all data, built so you can engage with insight in every moment. Trusted by industry leaders, SingleStore enables enterprises to adapt to change as it happens, embrace diverse data with ease, and accelerate the pace of innovation.
- Comprehensive Insurance - Customize a benefits plan that include health, dental and vision that best fits you and your family.
- Vacation - Flexible time off, sick and parental leave programs, plus company holidays.
- Company Stock Grants - As a privately held company, we strive to give meaningful stock grants through our equity program.
- Wellness Programs - Fitness subsidy, Modern Health App Subscription, Team Happy Hours and events.
- Personalized Workstation - Home Workstation. We provide the laptop, you design your home office any way you want it with a $500 equipment stipend.
- Career Development - Matching Charitable Donations. Corporate donation matching to charitable organizations with 1-week of paid volunteer time off.
- Contribute from Anywhere - Work remotely if it makes sense for you, your position, your team, and the company.
- And more... Commuter benefits, monthly cell phone and internet stipend, 401k, food perks, Fertility & Family Formation reimbursement, FSA and team events and company offsites.
Company Core Values
- Customers First - Understand our customers, help them succeed, and be easy to do business with.
- Performance Driven - Set bold objectives, have measurable results, demand accountability, and be part of the solution.
- Innovation Forward - Achieve greatness through simplicity, quality, and intelligence.
- Open & Honest Communication - Communicate transparently, effectively, and with integrity.