PR Associate Principal
Posted on 3/22/2023
- Prior experience in public relations or communications, either at an agency or in-house
- At least 4+ years of experience in public relations
- Personal experience developing pitches and securing top-tier press coverage
- Experience creating both “owned” and “earned” media content
- Strategic thinker who can develop out-of-the box solutions and storylines
- Strong communicator, who is able to adapt their level of detail depending on the audience
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills in English. We're looking for confident, human writers. We will help you through the process, but we're looking for someone who can churn out a solid first draft
- German language and knowledge of German and overall European media
- Take a leading role developing and executing a PR strategy for Via in Europe
- Work closely with local Via teams in Europe to understand the transportation landscape in each market, tell stories that resonate with key audiences, and differentiate Via
- Coordinate European partner launch announcements - including press releases, pitches, and messaging
- Understand the media landscape in priority markets, build relationships with journalists, pitch stories, and shepherd in-bound press inquiries
- Work with the social media team to draft and post social media content (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook) related to press announcements and top media placements
- Work with and support the Global PR Director to craft compelling stories and pitches about Via's business and point-of-differentiation in the marketplace
- Uncover opportunities for Via and partner bylines and thought leadership within the market
Via's mission is to create a truly dynamic mass transit system, liberated from the constraints of fixed routes and fixed schedules
- Competitive salaries and equity packages.
- Health and wellness benefits.
- Local volunteer opportunities.
- Support for all new parents.
- Learning opportunities through our Via-Versity.
- Employee Resource Groups.
Company Core Values
- Sharing - Sharing is a founding principle; it’s in our DNA. Sharing rides, yes (that one’s a no-brainer) but we’re also passionate about collaboration, resource and knowledge sharing, and even our successes and failures, too. We ride together, in all we do.
- Equity - Transportation is a great equalizer — it removes barriers to good jobs, quality healthcare, and educational opportunities for all. Where you live should not determine your economic mobility or overall quality of life.
- Sustainability - Building sustainable cities means working towards a car-free future. And in the short term, getting people out of their single occupancy vehicles and switching to electric vehicles wherever possible.
- AD&I - We’re committed to Anti-racism, Diversity, and Inclusion at Via, and in helping advance racial equity in transportation systems and through policy. A diverse and inclusive workforce is proven to drive real business success, and we work towards our AD&I goals every day.