Intern – Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Uniontown, PA, USA
- Attending a local accredited University studying towards a BS in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent. Minimum rising junior in good standing
- Excellent PC skills preferred with working knowledge of MS Office and AutoCad required
- Basic knowledge and/or training in 5S, Lean/Six Sigma, statistical tools preferred
- Knowledge of 3D modeling (Creo) a plus
- Ability to work and communicate in a team environment
- Self-motivated with ability to work with little or no supervision
- Experience with manufacturing assembly or electronic assembly a plus
- Interest in manufacturing processes, process yields, process costs, and operations
- Monitor process yields and cost, recommending and implementing quality improvements
- Perform time studies as needed for direct and indirect labor operations
- Develop and update production work instructions
- Maintain work cell and overall facility layout drawings with AutoCad
- Provide project support as needed in a team environment with production, quality, engineering, and other departments
Innovative water solutions
Xylem helps consumers solve water. The company works to bring clean water, sanitation and hygiene education to schools and communities in emerging markets, and respond with water solutions when disaster strikes around the globe
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Company Core Values
- Respect: for each other, for diversity of people and opinions, for the environment
- Responsibility: for our words and actions, for customer satisfaction, for giving back to our communities
- Integrity: for acting ethically, for doing what we say we’ll do, for having the courage to communicate with candor
- Creativity: for thinking beyond boundaries, for anticipating tomorrow’s challenges, for unlocking growth potential