We are Sila, a next-generation battery materials company. Our mission is to power the world’s transition to clean energy. To create this future, our team is building a better lithium-ion battery from the inside out today. We engineer and manufacture ground-breaking battery materials that significantly increase the energy density of batteries, while reducing their size and weight. The result? Smaller more powerful batteries that can unlock innovation in consumer devices and accelerate the mass adoption of electric cars to eliminate our dependence on fossil fuels. We’re tackling one of the biggest challenges of our time every day, and together we’re redefining what’s possible. Are you ready to be a part of a team committed to changing the world?
Who You Are
Join us in solving the hardest technical challenges to enable a sustainable energy future. As an intern at Sila, our role is to provide you with valuable exposure to many parts of our business, such as battery operations, manufacturing operations, engineering, data science, research and much more. Let’s electrify our world together!
As a future Silazen, you are someone who is eager to explore the utility of the tools you know in practical applications and learn more while discovering new tools.
We believe how we work together is as important as the great things we accomplish. Foundational to this belief is building a strong and distinctive culture – one that is collectively shaped and owned by all Silazens. Together, we’re a company that values taking pride in our work, using data and first principles to make high quality decisions, leveraging diverse talent to help each other be better, and enjoying the journey as much as the destination.
This internship will take place from May to September.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead a technical project from start to finish while incorporating guidance from your mentor, manager, and peers
- Complete technical tasks end-to-end and provide tactical support when needed to drive toward shared team success
- Learn the inner workings of the technical team
- Build a collaborative work environment that fosters innovation and learning
- Partner with members of your team to resolve project challenges and establish appropriate solutions
- Share project updates with critical team members at regular intervals
- Interact directly and build relationships with technology and business leaders from across the organization
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Currently pursuing a BA/BS Degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field and returning to the program after the completion of the internship.
- Desire to learn and use varying tools and technologies
- Data handling and communication ability to support independent remote work
- Excellent documentation abilities
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- This internship may take place virtually, onsite or a hybrid of both depending on the team, scope of role, and evolving COVID safety requirements
- Required to have access to an internet connection for remote work
- Required to exercise good judgment and work safety at all times, including utilization of personal protective equipment and compliance with safety procedures
- Candidates must be comfortable working in a manufacturing environment
We’re excited to work with you! Let’s electrify our world together.
The starting base pay for this role is between $30/hr and $45/hr at the time of posting. The actual base pay depends on many factors, such as education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for overtime and benefits
Working at Sila
We believe that building a diverse team at Sila helps us amplify our individual talents. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment where good ideas are free to come from anyone. We are proud to celebrate diversity and all qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, national origin, or any other status protected by law.