Enrollment, Benefits Administration Platforms and Carriers
Posted on 2/7/2024
Data & Analytics
New York, New York
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↓ -11%
1 year growth↓ -8%
2 year growth↓ -7%
Sales & Account Management
- 3+ years of experience consultative selling to carrier or benefit administration platforms
- Understanding of data connectivity for carrier enrollment and member management within the benefits industry
- Solid communication and presentation skills
- Negotiation and closing skills
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Proficiency in using CRM software and other sales tools
- Identify and target prospects in the benefits and insurtech industry
- Conduct prospecting activities, including cold calling, email campaigns, and networking
- Conduct in-depth needs analysis to understand requirements and present tailored solutions
- Deliver persuasive sales presentations and product demonstrations
- Collaborate closely with internal teams to ensure a seamless customer onboarding experience
- Serve as strategic relationship manager to customers
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of sales activities and customer interactions
- Stay abreast of industry trends, competitor analysis, and emerging technologies
- Experience in meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to overcome objections and secure deals
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple customer and prospect relationships simultaneously
The health insurance and benefits industry is undergoing rapid digital transformation. Today, most people choose, enroll, and utilize their benefits not by calling insurance carriers or reviewing paper forms, but by using HR and benefits software. Behind the scenes, Ideon’s APIs make this modern benefits experience possible. We’re powering an entire industry forward, delivering the speed, transparency, and efficiency that today’s consumers expect.
Ideon is seeking an Account Executive, Enrollment to join our sales organization. As Account Executive, you will be responsible for identifying and acquiring new small to mid-market customers in the benefits and insurance industry, while driving revenue growth from your existing customers. This role requires a background in selling to Benefit Administration platforms or carriers and an understanding of data connectivity between the two.
For this role, we are open to remote candidates anywhere in the U.S. Ideon is headquartered in NYC with a second office in Omaha, NE. This role reports into the Senior Vice President of Sales.
In this role you will:
- Identify and target prospects in the benefits and insurtech industry, establishing and nurturing relationships to generate new business opportunities.
- Conduct prospecting activities, including cold calling, email campaigns, and networking, to build a robust pipeline of qualified opportunities.
- Conduct in-depth needs analysis to understand requirements and present tailored solutions.
- Deliver persuasive sales presentations and product demonstrations to key decision-makers, showcasing the value and benefits of our API middleware solution.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams, including marketing, implementation, operations, engineering, and product, to ensure a seamless customer onboarding experience and successful implementation.
- Serve as strategic relationship manager to customers, in partnership with the Customer Success Manager, responsible for health, retention and growth of assigned customer accounts.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of sales activities and customer interactions in the CRM system.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, competitor analysis, and emerging technologies to effectively position our solution and differentiate from the competition.
We’d love to talk if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience consultative selling to carrier or benefit administration platforms.
- Understand data connectivity for carrier enrollment and member management within the benefits industry.
- Possess a track record of success in meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Command solid communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Possess negotiation and closing skills, with the ability to overcome objections and secure deals.
- Are self-motivated and goal-oriented, with a proactive approach to identifying and pursuing new business opportunities.
- Work independently, while managing multiple customer and prospect relationships simultaneously.
- Are experienced at running sales opportunities by developing multiple relationships at target prospects and customers.
- Are proficient in using CRM software and other sales tools.
Base salary is $120,000 - $150,000 plus commissions
What we do:
Ideon is the way health insurance carriers and employee benefits providers connect with new technology partners to deliver seamless consumer experiences at every stage of the member journey. We are not the websites or apps you use to choose a plan or find a doctor. We are the infrastructure, the ‘pipes,’ that allows InsurTech platforms and health insurance and benefits carriers to exchange data accurately, efficiently, securely, and at scale—improving the way benefits are quoted, sold, enrolled, managed, and utilized. Our APIs transmit billions of data points, powering an amazing benefits experience for all. Faster. Better. Awesomely.
Who we are:
We are a group of people who love a good API and all it can do. We are insurance geeks, systems gurus, data wonks, sales & marketing execs, product leads, finance whizzes, and admin pros—all determined to bring efficiency, transparency, and connectivity to the health insurance and benefits industry.
Our benefits include:
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents.
- Voluntary benefits such as hospital, accident, critical illness, short-term disability, and legal.
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Healthcare and dependent care FSA (Flexible Spending Account).
- Flexible PTO policy: take time off without worrying about accruals or carryovers.
- Pre-tax commuting benefits.
- Home office allowance so you can work comfortably wherever you are.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful reference and background checks.