Formic is creating a world of abundance by unlocking robotic automation for small to mid-sized American manufacturers. Our mission is to continue the American legacy of innovation by increasing productivity and production capacity 10X. We combine proprietary software tooling and intelligent control with advanced fleet management and financial innovation with a mastery of robotics. We enable manufacturers to deploy and scale automation quickly and with minimal risk, and believe that technology doesn’t change the world until you make it accessible to those who need it most.
We make building things easy and believe every factory should have access to unlimited labor through automation. As the world moves toward inflation and shortages, Formic is doing everything it can to reverse that trend. In the time we’ve been in existence we’ve grown faster than any robotics company in history, and we’re only just getting started.
Supporting us in this vision, with investments thus far totaling over $30 million, are backers including Lux Capital, Initialized Capital, Balaji Srinivasan and CEOs of multiple fortune 50 companies.
Join us to build the world’s largest robot workforce, and fundamentally change the way that everything gets made - from aircraft parts to shredded lettuce, lattes to sheet metal, lawnmowers to candy corn, and everything in between.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work on the forefront of robotics automation using Formic’s suite of monitoring and diagnostic capabilities to guide preventive, corrective, and predictive maintenance activities across Formic’s growing fleet of deployed robotic cells
- Demonstrate passion about robotics-centric automation, be energized by the variety of manufacturing settings they will encounter and will use their demonstrated troubleshooting and maintenance skills to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Coordinate and execute inspection, maintenance, and repair tasks on robotic-centric manufacturing cells in the field
- Systematically diagnose technical issues, apply standard resolution tactics, and repair equipment with consistency
- Assist in the development and refinement of maintenance procedures and tools
- Deliver positive interaction with customers when performing warranty and service repairs and preventive maintenance tasks
- Coordinate onsite schedule (self, vendor, and when applicable, other technicians) in alignment with customer expectations
- Document all work performed in a timely manner
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and policies
- Ensure clean and safe work environment
- Mentor Field Service Technicians
- Travel Requirements - Mostly day travel to customer site from your home office and 25% overnight travel when needed
- 4+ years field service experience with robotics automation
- Availability to work alternative schedules to support production outages, including some weekends and nights and on-call hours
- Experience with CMMS programs (preferred)
Total rewards packages at Formic consist of salaries benchmarked against similar stage growth companies, insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD), and equity in Formic itself. As an early stage startup, equity is an important part of our investment in you, and your investment in Formic. When Formic succeeds, we all succeed.
Final offer amounts are custom-crafted, based on the cash/equity ratio preference of the candidate, as well as their experience, geographical location and cost of labor, and more, and may vary from the range listed below. Ultimately we’re seeking top performers who will make a difference to our business, and we’re open to negotiating the compensation structure for the right candidate.
The expected base pay range for this position is $65,000 - $125,000.
Benefits & Perks
Formic believes we do our best work when we are equipped to take care of ourselves and our loved ones, and practice a healthy work-life balance. To support this Formic offers comprehensive benefits and perks for US-based employees*, including:
- 99% coverage for Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans (75% coverage for dependents) via Blue Cross Blue Shield and Guardian
- FSA & DCFSA
- Life insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability plans (covered at 100%) via Guardian
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid parental leave
- Equity in Formic: your slice of ownership in a growing Series A startup
- Company-sponsored 401k
- $2,000 Home Office allowance
- Monthly Phone & Internet Reimbursement
- Flexible time off policy and 10+ company holidays
- Bi-annual all-company retreats
*As our team grows, our benefit and perk offerings for employees based outside of the United States will vary. We are happy to discuss these options with you as part of our recruiting and interviewing experience.
Formic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]