High Power Electrical
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Brownsville, TX, USA
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 10+ years of field experience as an electrician
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership position
- Master electrician license in Texas
- Associate degree in electrical engineering
- Understanding of critical power and safety system design concepts
- 5+ years of professional experience working with electrical and circuitry layouts
- Demonstrable knowledge and/or understanding of codes, rules, regulations and standards of electrical equipment
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals and reports
- Experience with testing, calibrating, diagnosing, and repairing various devices
- Ability to identify and implement efficient paths of action to finish the assigned work
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Ability to use a variety of electrician's hand tools as well as measuring and testing instruments
- Must be able to climb ladders
- Ability to work in tight spaces
- This is will either be a first shift, or third shift position (6AM - 6PM or 6PM - 6AM). Ability to work night shift or day shift
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Provide technical guidance and supervision for a group of 10+ electricians that are installing, maintaining and repairing electrical systems
- Lead installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of industrial electrical systems, devices, equipment and components
- Lead installation, repair, and maintenance of motor control centers, motor circuits, overloads, and disconnects
- Lead installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of generators, automatic transfer switches, and surge protection devices
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Install, maintain, and repair electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment, including hydraulic and pneumatic devices
- Perform work from instructions using blueprints, wiring diagrams, and schematics
- Install electrical components according to current NEC code
- Manage and oversee equipment inventory and purchasing
- Manage training and day-to-day schedules for all electricians on high-power launch site team
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.