At Northspyre, you’ll join the incredible journey of transforming the way modern real estate teams manage complex projects. Leveraging data, automation and artificial intelligence, Northspyre helps facilitate faster, more predictable outcomes on complex real estate projects. In 3.5 years, our platform has already facilitated more than $75 billion of complex projects across the United States.
We are a passionate, collaborative, and diverse team who are eager to roll-up our sleeves and make an impact at a startup that has the confidence and backing of some of the same investors who backed other revolutionary, industry transforming companies like SpaceX, Tesla, and Airbnb.
Help us build software that builds the world!
Northspyre is looking for a Lead Engineer to join our fast-growing, venture-backed start-up team. This is an opportunity to make a huge impact at a start-up disrupting the 10.5 trillion dollar real estate industry.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced engineer and leader with a track-record of productivity and success to help lead and grow Northspyre from a startup into a billion dollar company. An ideal candidate is someone who is a player coach that can both lead and contribute to our product. This person should not be afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the job done. They should be able to lead the product engineering team and work with the CTO to drive our vision forward. Our mindset is that we should be able to do something in a fraction of the time most competent people think possible without sacrificing on quality.
You will be:
- Managing a sprint team to ensure quarterly objectives are met
- Rolling up your sleeves to solve problems. Expect to spend around 40 - 60% of time on technical tasks
- Leading by example: set the gold standard for what good code, design docs, etc should look like
- Developing and retaining talent
- Delivering fair, candid, and motivating feedback that show reports a path for growth
- Ensuring site reliability and troubleshooting production issues
- Collaborating with Product Management and Customer Success to handle client requests and build new features and products
What we are looking for:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years experience
- Strong management experience and/or leadership potential
- Experience designing and building REST endpoints
- Knowledge and experience in web frameworks like Flask/Django
- Knowledge and experience in front-end technologies and frameworks like React, Webpack and NPM
- Experience/familiarity with AWS and/or other cloud technologies
- Experience/familiarity with Relational Databases like Postgres
- Experience/familiarity with Unix/Linux environments.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently
- Strong understanding of Scrum/Agile
Benefits and Perks
- In addition to a competitive salary, we are offering a meaningful stock option package
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision. Multiple plan options, including a plan option for 100% employer-paid premium for individual coverage for full-time employees.
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (Fully vested after 6 mo eligibility period)
- Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, and major US Holidays
- $45 monthly stipend towards ClassPass (fitness/spa)
- Awesome company swag!
- Free access to Health Advocate
- Remote-first work environment -we have an office in NYC, but our teammates are all over the United States and around the world
- You will be part of a small, professional fast-moving team with minimal supervision
- Annual team gatherings
Top Three Reasons to Join
#1: It’s the Right Time – We’ve already facilitated more than $75 billion of complex projects across the United States
#2. Northspyre has the right product – Our technology empowers modern real estate teams to build leveraging data, automation and artificial intelligence to get to faster, more predictable outcomes on complex projects.
#3. Northspyre celebrates a culture of creativity – We strive to have a sense of community within Northspyre that encourages diverse viewpoints, openness, and fostering an environment in which employees feel comfortable bringing their whole authentic selves to work.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.