WeChat Product Operations Intern
Posted on 1/12/2022
- Must be currently enrolled in a Singapore university or graduate degree program have no more than 1.5 school years remaining at the time of entry into their internship
- Must be able to provide full-time internship employment (Mon-Fri) for a period no shorter than three months
- Good command of both spoken and written in English and Mandarin to communicate with different stakeholders across regions and headquarters
- Course of study in computer science, computing, EECS, information systems, or data science preferred
- Prior internet industry work or internship experience preferred
- A rigorous, principles-based, logical thinking ability to be able to develop standards and processes across a wide range of operational and compliance-related challenges
- A clear passion for online and mobile communication and social networking products
- Proactive, resourceful, and quick learner passionate about providing excellent user experience
- Comfortable handling both the technical aspects of developing a product with engineers as well as have insight into user behaviour and psychology towards improving user experience
- Plan and execute new plans and processes for improving user experience and safety for users around the world by designing for varying regional standards and user behaviours
- Meet regularly and communicate across functional teams including design, engineering, testing/QA and act as facilitator for feature development and operations
- Manage service providers, define processes, and develop internal and external tools to assist in core user operations including customer service and community management
- Assist other teams in making their WeChat features available and compliant to users around the world
Entertainment and social conglomerate
Tencent's is on a mission to use technology for good. The company operates social messaging service WeChat and has produced some of the world's most popular games and content.
- Integrity: Uphold principles, ethics, openness and fairness.
- Proactivity: Pursue positive contributions, volunteer for responsibility and push for breakthroughs.
- Collaboration: Be inclusive and collaborative, strive to progress and evolve.
- Creativity: Push for breakthrough innovations, explore the possibilities of the future.