Posted on 7/1/2021
- A simplifier - Take difficult, complex problems and solve for the layers that comprise them
- A great communicator - Takes pride in empathizing with a varied audience and finding ways to build understanding
- An enthusiastic, team-oriented leader. You have a service mentality and lead with patience and kindness
- An insatiable learner - Excited to build expertise on a wide array of technology, including:
- Data analytics platforms, pipelining, columnar and relational databases
- ReST and GraphQL services
- Machine learning
- 2+ years of software engineering experience in a fast-paced environment
- Technical acumen with demonstrable development skills
- A deep love for great coffee, food, and a passion for exceptional customer experiences
- The following is a list of the physical activity, requirements, and environmental factors related to this role. Blue Bottle is committed to partnering with all candidates and employees to ensure reasonable accommodations are made to meet the following:
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication
- Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal and written documentation
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Occasionally walking, climbing stairs, and standing occur in this role
- Environment: this role is protected within a building, but may be exposed to mild changes in temperature with heating or air conditioning
- Build amazing software to empower all of our Blue Bottle Coffee teams:
- Create and maintain data pipelines and integrations to support the analytics team and other data needs across the organization
- Develop mobile and eCommerce applications that delight our customers
- Enhance tooling for our cafe and production teams to optimize retail operations and roasting processes
- Brainstorm solutions for challenging problems that bridge business and technical concerns
- Mentor and collaborate with incredibly talented peers across a variety of disciplines
- Iterate on practice that helps define an extraordinary engineering team
Coffee roaster and retailer platform.
At Blue Bottle, their mission is to connect the world to delicious coffee.
- Health, dental, and vision for eligible employees on day one
- Free drinks at any of our cafes and a complimentary bag of beans to take home each week
- Discounts on any Blue Bottle food items and merchandise
- Paid Time Off
Company Core Values
- Welcome everyone - People come first. Without hospitality, we cannot exist. We create spaces where people belong. Everyone has a place at the table: Guests, team members, and suppliers.
- Raise the bar - From seed to cup, we set the standard in everything we do—and drive constantly to do it better. We are self-starters who think creatively to solve complex problems, recognize our mistakes, and learn from failures.
- Build for Tomorrow - We think long-term. We’re savvy with our resources, saving where we can to invest in what matters: A sustainable future for our people, the company, and our planet.
- Simplify - Just as our cafes eliminate barriers between guests and delicious coffee, we remove obstacles in our work. We stay nimble, communicate clearly, and show a bias towards action.
- Grow Together - Like coffee needs water, we need one another to bloom. Collaboration takes work, so we practice it like a craft. We listen carefully, share feedback openly and honestly, remain transparent, and inspire each other with kindness and humor.