Machine Maintenance Technician
Posted on 10/19/2022
Redmond, WA, USA
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of maintenance technician experience
- 2+ years of experience with hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical repair
- 5+ years of maintenance technician experience
- Extreme troubleshooting and problem-solving skill sets
- Millwright skills and abilities and industrial multi-craft and mechanical trades
- Experience within the aerospace, automotive, semiconductor, or electronic fields
- Ability to read and interpret electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics and drawings
- Ability to write detailed repair reports (advanced MS Office skills)
- Experience with hand/power tools, forklifts, and other heavy equipment
- Laser tracker or similar precision inspection experience
- PLC programming and troubleshooting experience
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean working environment while adhering to company policies, quality policies and industry standards
- Detail oriented, organized, and demonstrate a high sense of urgency
- Analytic thinker that gets to the root of the problem and comes up with permanent solution to remedy the issue
- Valid Washington state driver's license
- Ability to stand up for up to 8 hours during the day
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs and work directly with the hardware on the floor while being comfortable stooping, bending, pulling, pushing, climbing and standing (including on lifts and ladders)
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Maintain and repair all assets to ensure their proper operating condition
- Troubleshoot, repair control devices such as PLCs, HMIs, CNC controls
- Troubleshoot, repair and overhaul of mechanical systems like, pumps, chillers, gearboxes, etc
- Perform work order repairs, inspections and adjustments
- Provide maintenance on various equipment: vacuum chambers, thermal chambers, CNC machines, production automation and controls equipment, tooling fixtures, and other industrial machinery
- Drive forklifts and company vehicles
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.