Program Manager, People Verification
Posted on 12/7/2021
Irvine, CA, USA
- People VerificationLead and support a team of coordinators to ensure background checks are initiated, tracked, and responded within onboarding deadlines as well as initiate, communicate and distribute the adverse action process as necessaryGuide dialogue within the team to ensure all processes and procedures are followed while reviewing background screens and other verification itemsEnsure compliance with policy, laws and other regulations within the team's processesRespond to all candidate inquiries in a timely and professional mannerPartner with various internal stakeholders to meet verification requirements
- I9 VerificationOversee that Rivian complies with the I9 Employment Eligibility process at every step: new hires, re-verifications, conducting internal audits, troubleshooting errors or inconsistencies and so forth Responsible to ensure all I9's to be completed within the first 3 days of employment and/or however indicated within the USCIS guidelines Execute and maintain consistent process for I9s that may need further verification (TNC, Final Non-Confirmation, human error, etc.) Defining and iterating processes and requirements for I9s, as appropriate
- OverallPartner with vendor(s) to manage our statement of work and ensure our processes create a positive candidate/employee experienceImplement and drive continuous improvement in processes to align with the scale of growthCollect, analyze, and present key metrics of the Verifications Team on an ongoing basis for trends and impact to be shared internallyMaintain resources for the team as well as to support internal stakeholders and candidatesProvide support to overall People PMO initiatives as required
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, Business Administration preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years' experience in leading a background check program in a manufacturing environment (vehicle manufacturing would be ideal)
- Previous I9 verification required and knowledge of USCIS guidelines
- Preferred knowledge of different Visa types
- Lead a team without direct authority
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality with sensitive data and conversations
- Deliver exceptional customer services skills:Attention to detail and strong organization skillsExcellent verbal and written communication skillsStrong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to jump right in and feel comfortable with a high volume workload
- Must be able to learn and apply quickly, as well as to dispense/share knowledge in a team environment
- Must be self-motivated, demonstrate initiative, and able to work independently
- High proficiency in Word, Excel/Smartsheets, and PowerPoint and ability to research, compile, and present information
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team