Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
Every single day we pursue our mission: to protect life and make a positive change in the world with state-of-the-art devices and services. We truly believe in what we do, and welcome others who share our passion.
You will oversee one of the Body Worn Camera Embedded teams within Connected Devices, managing the full development lifecycle – analysis, design, development, testing and deployment. You will work closely with technical leads to help ensure quality, consistency, and reliability for the body worn cameras. You will be responsible for hiring great engineers and provide mentorship and career guidance to the existing teams. You will be working closely with the other teams in Connected Devices (Backend, In-Car Cameras, Armory, Mobile and Desktop clients, etc...). Should you join the team, you will be surrounded by like-minded people who are passionate about our mission to protect life.
What You’ll Do
Location: US or Canada Remote
Reports to: Software Engineering Manager, Connected Devices
Direct Reports: 6-8+ Embedded Software Engineers
- Manage an embedded team across concept, development and in-market software projects for IoT devices
- Ensure and encourage communication across related global teams such as quality assurance, backend services, mobile application and desktop application teams
- Ensure high quality and future maintainability output from a team with a strong emphasis on tracking metrics and monitoring errors in the field
- Guide team on use of new technologies balancing risk and reward
- Define engineering processes and best practices
- Participate in design and code reviews
What You Bring
- 3+ years of experience leading teams building customer-facing software applications
- 3+ years of experience working on device software (running on Embedded Linux and/or an RTOS)
- 6+ years experience in designing and developing software
- A track record of planning and delivering on multiple overlapping projects spanning several months
- Experience implementing an engineering process that emphasized security, availability, scalability, and operational discipline
- You are involved in code reviews and system design and architecture discussions
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work
Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 120,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 240,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 220,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 360,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits (http://www.axon.com/careers/benefits).
Don’t meet every single requirement? That’s ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email [email protected]. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.