Posted on 11/10/2022
Poulsbo, WA, USA • Lynnwood, WA, USA
- Skills commensurate with primary responsibilities described above
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Sciences and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or an MS with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience. Years of experience may be substituted for a degree
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work without close supervision
- Strong, effective, and professional communication (written/verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative in troubleshooting mechanical and electrical issues; creative in determining approach or action to take in non-routine situations
- Ability to lift heavy objects, climb ladders, and work in enclosed spaces
- Previous experience with electromechanical hardware, electronics, and software integrated system test
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance
- Working with design engineers, production personnel, customers, and other stakeholders to identify and develop verification methods for system, subsystem, and component level requirements
- Planning, managing, and tracking project test efforts
- Developing detailed test plans, procedures, and reports
- Provide field support planning, shipboard mobilization/de-mobilization support, shipboard at-sea testing and operational support, and other field support in general
- Overseeing and performing developmental testing and test reporting in the lab and in a marine environment
- Leading system level qualification testing at Commercial and Government test facilities and at sea
- Direct interaction with customers, teammates, and functional peer groups
- Maritime systems and/or ocean engineering experience greatly preferred
- Prior experience with unmanned underwater vehicles and associated electronics/sensors, underwater cables/connectors, control and monitor electronics, launch and recovery subsystems, and system-to-host interfaces, including acoustic ranging and communications
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.