Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Francisco, CA, USA • New York, NY, USA
- You have 5+ years of engineering experience, ideally with the last several years with a focus on privacy and security
- Strong understanding of data privacy laws, regulations, and industry best practices
- You care about both the privacy and business impact and prioritize projects accordingly - you model threat risks and balance the right privacy investments with bottom line outcomes
- You can decompose tricky problems and work towards a clean solution, by yourself or with teammates. You're comfortable asking for help when you get stuck
- You communicate nuanced ideas regarding technical decisions clearly with engineering, legal and customer experience teams. In disagreements, you engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and compromise when needed
- Design, build and maintain systems that enhance privacy across the organization
- Build systems so users can exercise their privacy rights
- Develop and implement privacy features and best practices across our platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize privacy-related issues
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code while working at all levels of the stack
- Build systems to attach personal data annotations and tags to various data sets and redact personal data from data stores, logs, and APIs
- Advocate for user privacy throughout the organization, consult engineering teams throughout the software development life-cycle and escalate potential privacy concerns
- You're proficient with any part of our technology stack: React, TypeScript, Node.js, Memcached, Postgres, Docker, and Elasticsearch
- You have made contributions to the security or privacy community (public research, blogging, presentations, etc.)
- You are data-driven. You know how to collect, analyze and use data to make privacy decisions
- You've managed, maintained, and utilized systems using technologies like Amazon Web Services, Datadog, Postgres, Redis, Memcached, and Elasticsearch. You have familiarity with distributed and highly available systems at scale
- You've heard of computing pioneers like Ada Lovelace, Douglas Engelbart, Alan Kay, and others-and understand why we're big fans of their work
- You have interests outside of technology, such as in art, history, or social sciences
Notion's mission is to make toolmaking ubiquitous. The company operates an all-in-one productivity platform that enables users to create tools and collaborate easily.
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Mental health & wellbeing package
- Parental leave
- Fertility coverage
- Retirement matching
- Commuter benefits
- Monthly stipend
Company Core Values
- Be an owner of the mission: We’re driven by our commitment to empower every person on the planet to use software exactly the way they want.
- Be a pace setter: We move with urgency so we can set the cadence for our market, cover more ground, and ship more great products and programs for our users, faster.
- Be a truth seeker: We pursue the best data, ideas, and solutions with rigor and open-mindedness, always guided by our users’ most pressing needs.
- Be kind and direct: We deliver feedback in the spirit of helping our colleagues improve, balancing sensitivity with caring honesty. We’re in this together.