Hungry, Humble, Honest, with Heart!
The Platform System Engineer position is an aggregate position for all hardware/software integration role including (but not limited to) working on evaluation of new server hardware technologies and integration in areas such as Compute, Storage, Network, Server Management, and Security.
When applying for this job, you’ll be automatically considered for our current and future developer roles. Let’s match up our challenges with your skills.
Nutanix is looking for technology pioneers for our Platform Software team to build Software Solutions that will enable us to run Acropolis OS seamlessly across multiple Hardware Platforms. We are looking for candidates that are energetic, creative and strong technical acumen. Nutanix welcomes big thinkers, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges and interested in learning new things
- Work as a part of the platform SME team on exploring new Hardware technologies and integrate with Nutanix stack for providing a optimal solution for end-customer use case.
- Collaborate with Nutanix’s Product Management team to understand the company’s business needs, define Intel and AMD based hardware platform configurations and create an optimal software to strengthen Nutanix leadership in the Hybrid-Cloud Infrastructure (HCI) domain.
- Evaluate the company’s OEM Server platform ecosystem program and drive abstraction to scale the .
- Drive software and hardware bug triages and debugging, and guide Nutanix’s internal dev teams to deliver fixes.
- Develop and maintain well-structured test plans for Nutanix’s platform validation. Work with hardware, software, and quality assurance teams to drive system validation and performance requirements.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required with 4-6 yrs of industry experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Intel x86 and AMD Server platforms architecture, performance characterization and optimization
- Experience working with virtualization technologies like VMware, KVM, Hyper-V, Xen. - VMware or KVM preferred.
- Experience working with storage software stack architecture and related components such as storage controllers, solid-state devices and hard disk drives;
- Familiarity with OS internals, hardware device drivers, and design/implementation tradeoffs in integrating hardware technologies into systems software.
- Love of programming and rock-solid in one or more languages: Python, go or any any scripted languages.
- Strong written, verbal, and collaboration skills.
- Team player that works well in fast-paced situations and startup environments
About Your Team
Meet Bagavathy Kumar- hiring manager
I joined Nutanix in December 2019 with excitement to integrate various hardware technologies and how they solve end customer use cases in an optimal way.
My professional career mostly revolved in building Enterprise Data Center products (BIOS/Boot loaders, BMC, PCIe IO cards, RAID Controller,SSD & Storage systems), which also gave me scope of solving complex issues with vertical hardware/software integrations. I have very good knowledge in x86_64 system architecture,server hardware components and operating system internals which helped me understand Nutanix’s HCI architecture and design integrated systems
We are looking for passionate candidates who has past experience in x86 server technologies and willing to learn something new every day.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We are humbled to be recognized as one of Bloomberg’s Top 50 Companies to Watch in 2020 and one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be
between $120,000 and $238,800 year; however, base pay offered may vary depending
on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge,
skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also
include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and
discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other
benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as
vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details
of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an
offer of employment.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the
right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or
compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual
performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market