Software Engineer, Documentation Product
Posted on 3/10/2022
Seattle, WA, USA • Washington, USA • Canada • Chicago, IL, USA • New York...
- Have a passion for building beautiful, intuitive user experiences
- Have 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Enjoy working across the stack-on frontend, backend, infrastructure, or data pipelines-to solve complex problems and delight our users (you don't need to be an expert in all of these, but it helps to be interested in learning about them)
- Contribute high-quality code to create trustworthy, engaging user interfaces and resilient, operable backend systems
- Seek out feedback from your users and empathetically advocate for them throughout the product development process
- Take pride in shepherding projects from ideation to completion, often requiring partnership with product and stakeholder teams to carefully roll out changes
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different functions, stakeholders, and subject matter experts
- Solve challenging product and infrastructure problems that enable our documentation to grow and scale with our business
- Develop a deep understanding of our users and how they integrate their systems with the Stripe APIs
- Design and implement new learning and documentation experiences that advance the state of the industry
- Build and improve the backend tools and systems that enable Stripe to produce and maintain high-quality, accurate documentation cheaply and easily
- Work on our homegrown content authoring system, Markdoc
- Raise the bar for product quality by maintaining an extremely high baseline and quickly fixing and polishing UX issues
Payment processing platform
Stripe's mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet.
- Inclusive coverage - We provide a thoughtful and balanced set of benefits that allow Stripes to be their best selves and do great work. Whether that means offering comprehensive mental, physical, and medical health plans, supporting Stripes’ financial futures, providing fertility benefits and parental leave, or making sure Stripes have access to healthy food at the office, our robust programs put Stripes and their families first.
- Growth by way of learning - We are voracious learners and teachers. Our Education team delivers an onboarding and product training curriculum for all new Stripes, and hosts expert-led courses on things like project management fundamentals and macroeconomics. Beyond the formal program, Stripes are constantly sharing knowledge with each other through conversation, documentation, reading groups, and informal talks.
- A principled approach to food - The food program holds a special place in Stripe’s history and future. These Stripes come to our kitchen from a breadth of backgrounds and experiences, and focus on one proposition—respect. This is apparent not only in the local ingredients they work with or in the gracious, teamwork-driven buffet lines, but also in their approach to growing a global team through sustainable food practices and minimal waste.
Company Core Values
- An environment of growth
- Intentional communication
- Fast-paced, detail oriented
- Voraciously curious