Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission-driven, FDIC insured and designed for the way our customers live their lives. A bank for all of us.
We are a growing, ambitious, customer-obsessed group of creatives, researchers, writers, designers, developers, and thinkers who are breaking the model of the banking experience. We believe that financial institutions can provide great products, services, and education to everyone; not only the wealthy. We are the team responsible for delivering on the Varo vision at every touchpoint, from every campaign to every product experience. Join us to change the future of banking.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create compelling marketing creative that level up our brand, help us grow customers — and keep them engaged.
- Lead brainstorms and prototype visual concepts in the form of mood boards, mockups, and storyboards.
- Work closely with the Creative Director to develop and enhance the aesthetic of the brand and ensure all materials are designed and produced accordingly.
- Mentor designers and provide clear design feedback to help them develop their craft while delivering on the brief.
- Work closely with creative agencies to help them deliver high-quality work.
- Lead the creation of creative templates and guidelines to use across our team on different projects.
- Work with project management and stakeholders to gather feedback, and incorporate it quickly while meeting deadlines.
- Partner with a copywriter to develop creative that’s not only well executed but strategically tells a story, too.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends, incorporate new techniques, and inform others.
You’ll bring the following required skills and experiences
- 5-7 years of art direction experience working within a creative team. Some ad agency experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- Must have expert knowledge of web design, branding, typography, digital, print, and art direction as it pertains to photography, video, and motion graphics.
- Excellent skills with design software, primarily the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Good knowledge of Figma and G-Suite.
- Motion graphics or 3D skills are a plus.
- A link to your current portfolio is required.
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria above and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
Varo launched in 2017 with the vision to bring the best of fintech into the regulated banking system. We’re a new kind of bank – all digital, mission-driven, FDIC-insured, and designed around the modern American consumer.
As the first consumer fintech to be granted a national bank charter in 2020, we make financial inclusion and opportunity for all a reality by empowering everyone with the products, insights, and support they need to get ahead. Through our core product offerings and suite of customer-first features, we aim to address a broad range of consumer needs while profitably serving underserved communities that have been historically excluded from the traditional financial system.
We are growing quickly in our hub locations of San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Charlotte along with colleagues located across the country. We have been recognized among Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Forbes’ Fintech 50, and earned the No. 7 spot on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing companies across the country.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
Our Core Values
- Customers First
- Take Ownership
- Stay Curious
- Make it Better
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail [email protected]
with the pertinent information and contact information.
CCPA Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants: https://www.varomoney.com/privacy-legal/