Principal Software Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Remote • United States
Data Structures & Algorithms
- 7+ years of experience writing production-grade code in a modern programming language
- Experience as a technical leader mentoring and providing leadership to engineering teams
- Experience designing and implementing highly available, performant, and fault-tolerant distributed systems that provide durable and (eventually) consistent results
- Exposure to architectural design patterns of high-scale systems (e.g. well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms) and experience navigating and understanding large-scale software architectures
- Well-versed in concurrent programming
- Solid grasp of Linux systems and networking concepts
- Experience maintaining and operating always-on cloud services
- Experience taking challenging projects across the finish line, from gathering requirements to deploying and debugging systems in production
- Experience interfacing with stakeholders and translating customer requirements into software solutions; motivated and driven to deliver customer impact
- Comfortable asking questions and taking initiative to solve problems in a rapidly growing company, where it is often necessary to “draw the owl”
- Demonstrated commitment to seeking diverse viewpoints and acting with intention to create an inclusive team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Become the architect and tech lead for the computation systems that power Twilio Engage
- Advance the state of the art in real-time compute
- Prototype and build a distributed batch compute engine that's highly scalable and performant
- Create world-class scheduling and orchestration platforms to drive and scale our computing capabilities
- Design and build a programmatic interface for creating, scheduling, and executing computations at scale
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, fellow developers, and internal stakeholders to turn business goals into achievable technical roadmaps
- Drive operational excellence, maintaining robust uptime and enabling continuous delivery
- Mentor and direct a distributed team of skilled engineers
- Experience with Golang and public cloud solutions
- Experience with Apache Flink or other distributed compute frameworks
- Experience with data lake architectures
- Experience managing AWS infrastructure
- Track record of open source contributions
Customer engagement platform & developer of communications APIs
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
- Vacation: Twilio offers generous annual time off in all countries for you to enjoy.
- Healthcare: We are dedicated to helping our employees live longer and healthier lives through comprehensive health programs.
- Retirement: Twilio cares about your retirement! We offer programs to help our employees plan for their retirement needs.
- Family leave: At Twilio we recognize the importance of family. We offer generous maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves, as well as family medical care leave.
- Earn your stripes: Build and present a Twilio app to earn your Twilio track jacket and receive $30 per month for e‑books for continued learning and education.
- Catered meals: We provide a variety of snacks, drinks, and catered meals in each of our locations.
- Build a more‑connected world
- Be great, do good, scale fast
- The work of our lives