Senior Process Development Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Bruno, CA, USA
- Experience applying statistical tools to measure and improve a pilot or commercial scale process (e.g, chemical manufacturing, mining/cement, energy, agriculture, food production, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency in Python & SQL, and experience performing data cleaning/clustering, analysis, reporting, and visualization
- Background in chemical, process, industrial engineering and/or materials science/engineering
- Willingness to be hands-on and support in troubleshooting hardware, as needed
- We are solving the engineering problem of our generation. Climate change is an existential threat, and we need as many of the world's motivated minds as possible to help. There is no greater challenge or opportunity than fighting climate change
- We have done this before. We have done this before. We're engineers, scientists, and concerned humans from a variety of backgrounds and experiences who are pooling our knowledge and skills to collectively build a more equitable, prosperous future for all
- We are a united, resilient, and optimistic bunch. We are all here for the same reason - to slow climate change. We recognize the magnitude of the challenge ahead of us, and believe we can solve it. We can see a hopeful future where we eventually reverse climate change. It won't be easy, but we won't quit
- We are backed by the best climate partners in the world. We're well funded by investors from Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Ahren Innovation Capital, Carbon Direct, Microsoft, Lowercarbon Capital, ARPA-e and the National Science Foundation. Our early customers include Stripe, Shopify, and Klarna, and we're building durable partnerships that enable us to tackle this decades-long problem
- Apply advanced statistical tools to monitor, analyze, and improve Heirloom's direct air capture process
- Use data to develop and communicate key process performance metrics and design requirements
- Implement improvements to the predictive models used to control Heirloom's ambient carbonation process
- Perform root cause analysis of both prototype and pilot-scale systems
- Contribute to best practices for monitoring and improving process performance
- Build frameworks to clean, validate, organize, analyze, and visualize data acquired from scaled direct air capture operations
- Collect, interpret, and analyze data, compile results, and prepare reports
- Work as a part of a team of world-class scientists and engineers to execute on our development plans, with an urgency rooted in the importance of our mission
Carbon dioxide air capture system
Naturally occurring minerals - alongside forests, soils, and the ocean - are one of our planet's most vital carbon sinks. Over geological timescales, carbon dioxide in the air and water chemically bind to these minerals and permanently turn to stone. Heirloom's technology enhances this natural process, called carbon mineralization, to help minerals absorb CO2 from the ambient air in days, rather than years. By combining the best of engineering and nature, they can offer the most cost-effective and scalable Direct Air Capture solution in the world.
- Covered health, dental and vision
- Generous parental leave. 16 weeks paid leave for all Heirloom employees, regardless of primary/secondary caregiver status.
- Generous stock options
- Flexible time off. Unlimited PTO for exempt (salaried) employees & 80 hours for full time non-exempt (hourly) employees.
- Stay healthy. Monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
- Learn on the job. Robust annual education and conference budget, including airfare and hotel costs.
Company Core Values
- Radical Honesty
- Persistent Optimism
- Maximize Learning Rate