Strategic Finance Lead
Posted on 8/12/2022
Canada • Remote
- Passion and drive to disrupt the lending and financial industry for the better
- Strong sense of ownership, intellectual curiosity and an ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Excellent communicators who seek out the opportunity - and accountability - that comes with being front and center with company executives
- High attention to detail but an equally important ability to see the big picture and evaluate analyses with strategic business context
- 4+ years experience in investment banking or similar analytical roles (consulting, data science, corporate FP&A etc.)
- Excellent excel ability (you should be prepared for a financial model case study)
- Experience and/or strong interest in learning SQL and Python
- Empower CFO, Head of Investor Relations and broader Executive Team with timely, accurate and comprehensive view into Affirm's near term and long range financial future
- Partner with Capital Markets and Treasury teams to evaluate complex funding strategies
- Create financial impact analyses for strategic decisions across the company (e.g. new merchant offerings, new consumer products, pricing changes, funding structures, M&A, new geos, hiring, etc)
- Help draft investor presentations, board meeting materials, and SEC filings
- Provide analytical support in driving the next fiscal year's target setting and planning process; enhance visibility and decision-making support to financial and cross-functional leadership
- Partner cross-functionally to help develop flexible long-term operating models that guide decision-making and accountability around the company
- Facilitate and drive frequent ad hoc and targeted projects to support key business decisions
Point of sale installment loans for consumers
Affirm seeks to deliver honest financial products—to improve lives. The company operates a buy-now-pay-later platform for consumers at the point of sale.
- Spending wallets: Access tech, food, lifestyle, and family planning wallets for your expenses
- Supportive communities: Get involved with our employee resource groups and community groups
- Remote-first workforce: If your role is remote, you can set up shop anywhere in your home country
- Generous time off: Take the time you need when life happens
- Health benefits: Get a plan that fits your needs
- Mental healthcare: Take care of your mind with great mental health programs
- Parental leave: Birth and non-birth parents get 18 weeks paid leave. Plus, a 4-week return-to-work transition program, at full base pay.
- Compensation: We have a simple, flexible, and transparent remote-first compensation structure so you can make the best decisions for yourself and your family.
- Away days: We offer 24 company-wide paid days off—which help our teams collectively pause to recharge.
- Learning & development: Engage in exciting learning programs to level up your growth.
- People come first: We consider our impact on people’s lives before we think about our own interests.
- No fine print: We are completely transparent and honest—with our customers and with each other.
- It's on us: We take full accountability for our actions, never shirking responsibility or passing the buck.
- Simpler is better: We make complex things simple and clear.
- Push the envelope: We never stop innovating, taking smart risks, and raising the bar.