7shifts is an all-in-one team management software platform designed for the restaurant industry. We’re used by 1 in 15 restaurant workers and over 35,000 restaurants across North America. Our mission is to simplify Team Management and improve performance for restaurants, with a long-term vision of reimagining hiring for hospitality through our network of restaurants and hospitality professionals.
As an Associate People Business Partner, you will work closely with the People Development team in providing support on various administrative and data-driven tasks that will directly impact and elevate the PBP function. You will be responsible for building and fostering connections with teams across the organizations by creating a cadence for various meet & greets, hosting live manager training and supporting existing People & Culture programs.
We’re building an inclusive work environment that is representative of the diverse industry we have the pleasure of serving and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
What you’ll do:
- Assist the Senior People Business Partners with program development, change management, and department support
- Understand 7shifts’ People & Culture strategy and work with the Talent Development Team to support existing People programs
- Drive partnership and connection with the People team through hosted manager training and individual contributor meet & greets across the business
- Create reports and analyze data and metrics to review trends in performance, engagement, retention, and other talent benchmarks
- Support Senior People Business Partners with business unit administration including coordination of leaves of absence, policy updates and documentation
- Stay connected within the tech sector in order to discuss changes and trends happening within the industry
What you bring:
- Prior experience in a similar role with exposure to standard HR playbooks and a heavy focus on finding the right solution for the company, team and stakeholders
- A positive approach to problem solving
- Strong Excel/Sheets skills with the ability to splice & dice data, dig into survey results, identify trends, and surface information, pinpointing areas to focus on
- Ability to build strong relationships by quickly creating trust among the teams you work with. You consistently follow through and do what you say
- A focus on continuous improvement—you are receptive to feedback and are comfortable in a changing environment
It’d be even cooler if you had:
- Knowledge of restaurant operations
- Knowledge of Canadian employment legislation
- A keen interest and involvement in driving diversity, equity, and inclusion related initiatives
- Experience in a high-growth SaaS/technology environment
- Culture: We value authenticity, trust, curiosity, and diversity of thought
- Health & Wellness: Competitive health benefits right from the start including health & wellness spending accounts & parental leave top-up
- Flexibility: Unlimited vacation, one month paid sabbatical on your 5-year anniversary, and flexible working arrangements including remote and hybrid with offices located in Toronto and Saskatoon
- Technology: Apple equipment plus a technology spending account so you have a comfortable place to work, no matter where you are!
- Equity: Equity in a Series C VC-backed SaaS company
- Opportunity: A continuous professional development budget with many opportunities for training & career growth
We thank you for your interest in joining the 7shifts team! While we welcome all applicants, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.