Associate Engineer Program, Summer 2023
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Francisco, CA, USA
- Have a four-year degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent technical degree)
- A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with spacecraft systems and operation
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria
- Work on an interdisiciplinary team to design, build, and test satellite hardware and software
- Operate and setup environmental test equipment including thermal cycle and vacuum chambers, and vibration shaker tables
- Learn to use various pieces of test equipment and instruments (thermal chambers, vibration tables, DAQs, oscilloscopes, etc.) to successfully execute test plans
- Set up, operate, and conduct environmental testing including vibration, acoustics, thermal, thermal vacuum, RF
- Hands-on experience in designing, building, and testing
- Experience writing Python code to: Interface with test equipment, process large datasets, visualize data
- Experience in CAD
- Direct electrical or mechanical design experience
- Demonstrated ability to debug hardware and software problems under time pressure
Next generation internet satellites
Astranis' mission is to help get online the 4 billion people who are without internet access.
- An equity stake in the company.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Unlimited vacation days.
- Healthy, delicious, free lunch catered in every day.
- Complementary OneMedical membership.
- Great office chairs, stand-up desks, and a machine shop.
- Reimbursement to spend on commuting from outside SF
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave.
Company Core Values
- Master Your Craft - We take pride in our work and go the extra mile.
- Step Up - We are unapologetically ambitious and take on great responsibility.
- Assume Good - We assume the best of intentions and communicate with kindness and candor.
- Stay Curious - We seek out new knowledge and are happy to teach others what we know.
- Space is Hard - We are resilient in the face of adversity and get help when needed.
- Take the Time - We level up not just at work but beyond — mind, body, spirit, family, community.